ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Owners!

Nissan 370Z
Right... a fair few questions.
Love the colour of my car!

Hate all the little stone chips etc around the car, on the bonnet etc...Is the best place for a touch up pen renault themselves or do halfords do them?..also..is it as simple as touching the mark up, waiting to dry then laquering over?

Need to decide on a colour theme for my badges, bullets and callipers!

1. White Bullets with racing blue writing, white badges, racing blue calipers.
2.Anthracite bullets with yellow writing, yellow calipers and anthracite calipers(like The boosh)
3. Anthracite bullets with rb writing, rb calipers and antracite bullets
4. Yellow bullets with rb writing, yellow callipers, yellow badges.

Which one would you go for?

Just want to get her looking her best, will be happy once i sort most the stone chips out...keep on top of it then get her a full machine polish in around 4weeks( if anyone near hull does this pm me)

Not really sure what else i want to do...other than mainly lower at the moment as it looks like a tractor! Get some Turinis and a tow eye!

Thanks alot!

Josh

Mini Cooper S sport
I'd do anthracite bullets with RB writing to match the wheels.

I got my RB touch up pen from Renault, it was a perfect match. It actually looked better without using the clear laquer on top but some people might advise against this.

It's fine for tiny stone chips, but for anything bigger or deeper I'd use a service like Chips Away.

You've made so many threads about your car, I feel like I know it personally.

M2 / Golf GTI
Are you totally incapable of making a decision yourself?

Anthracite bullets blue writing for me.

Black Gold Trophy
Leave them silver! They look so much better when they havent been messed about with!

Oh and touch up paint leaves horrible blobs everywhere, save the money and get a few panels repainted, trust me it's worth it!

Nissan 370Z
Are you totally incapable of making a decision yourself?

Anthracite bullets blue writing for me.

This is a forum, questions can be asked! It DOESNT state i cant ask questions.
I also feel the questions i have asked are sensible!

Nissan 370Z
I'd do anthracite bullets with RB writing to match the wheels.

I got my RB touch up pen from Renault, it was a perfect match. It actually looked better without using the clear laquer on top but some people might advise against this.

It's fine for tiny stone chips, but for anything bigger or deeper I'd use a service like Chips Away.

You've made so many threads about your car, I feel like I know it personally.

Thanks, there only little chips. Renault are closed today so will get one tomorrow..or maybe give halfords a try?

M2 / Golf GTI
You ask people what to do for every single little thing you do or any car you even think of. Why don't you just search the net for reviews etc instead like everyone else, or just look at other peoples threads and decide what you think looks best yourself it is not hard. End of the day it is your car, you should be doing how you want not just to "fit in" with the CS crowd.

Mini Cooper S sport
Oh and touch up paint leaves horrible blobs everywhere, save the money and get a few panels repainted, trust me it's worth it!

Not if you do it really carefully. I got quite good at it! I used to put the touch up paint on, leave it to dry for a couple of minutes, then used a c0cktail stick to gently remove the bits around the edges.

Nissan 370Z
Good idea! I assume i could get an anthracite touch up stick for my alloys as i dont want to get them refurbed atm?

LY 200
Leave them silver! They look so much better when they havent been messed about with

Haha i was about to say the same.

I dont know why so many follow suit and make there 182's look tacky by changing them.

Mini Cooper S sport
I think it can do, but at the same it would have been nice if Renault had done the bullets amphasite to match the cup-pack wheels. Guess it wasn't worth the effort.

Same with my Meg - anthracite wheels and mirrors - but silver bullets and door handles. I still prefer things standard personally though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer silver too, i've done all that badge colour changing in the past and just dont like it any more.

Rusty Cup
I think your all to hard on him, i like his posts they brighten up my day and make me laugh.

Im personally waiting for the "Remind me how i get out of car!!" thread or possibly "petrol light on car wont start :S have changed battery but still no joy"

Nissan 370Z
you make me out like im stupid..ha.
if only you met me...id probably shock you all.
well she is cleaned..got a vid of my janspeed exhaust to and will upload that!
however..she is covered in swirls...needs a machine polish desperately"!!

Rusty Cup
We can only work with the material thats on offer :D i really want my car machine polished!!! did you use some kind of electric polisher to get swirls in it?

Da

Less
Best place for touch up kit for the RB is.. the kit i just bought of Da :rasp:

:approve:

Seriously Josh, if you want to do a proper repair to the chips have a look at Dr ColorChip. Not cheap but worth it.

Anthracite touch up doesn't exist.

Nissan 370Z
I got a touch up pen made up today by halfords..pretty good match!
Imagine how long it would take to go round and do like every chip on your car! christ...would be the best part of the day i reckon.

Nissan 370Z
Apologies for quality! Were taking on my phone.
20jlrlt.jpg

15qorqs.jpg

View My Video

Last edited:
  Nissan 370Z
Yeah...desperately trying to find some springs"!
But just bought an rs tuner...springs are next...but can never see any for sale.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why is the rear so high?

Someone fitted the wrong rear springs?

Edit: Standard cup pack height for comparison:

4222325006_3b85b3c11f_b.jpg

Nissan 370Z
Might just be the angle the photo was taken at?
Anyone on here fitted matched upper inlets as a guy very close to me have some that were done by GDI that are going very cheap!"