ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing blue engine cover with stripes - what do you think?

Clio 182 FF
Just had my engine cover sprayed in Racing blue but just to be different I thought I'd get the stripes painted on as well to match the car..

What does everyone think?

Not sure what to do with the inlet now, either paint it black with polished writing or have it polished? - opinions please ! :D

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMGP1073.jpg
    IMGP1073.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 141

DB.

BMW 440i
Ive just had mine painted RB.

Once fitted, the bay does kind of look like it needs something else.

Not sure what to do with the plenum, those stripes look really good though! I havent got the stripes on my car, not as much of a fan of that. Those look great though!

ph1 black 172
Just had my engine cover sprayed in Racing blue but just to be different I thought I'd get the stripes painted on as well to match the car..

What does everyone think?

Not sure what to do with the inlet now, either paint it black with polished writing or have it polished? - opinions please ! :D

Thanks for looking

wouldnt paint it black. would go with hard graft and get sanding/polishing!!!!

TrackCar & F30 330d
DSC00040.jpg

Powder coat the engine parts and it will look like this AMAZING engien bay, and stick the cover over the top. :)

Clio 182 FF
Yeah I thought i'd take the polishing route as well - always wanted a polished up engine bay n might look good against the bright colour.

Thanks for all ur comments! much appreciated :D

Clio
nice it looks smart, wish they did racing blue samco hoses, that would make for a great engine bay

Clio 182 FF
Just thought i'd give you all an update. .

I fitted it today but only with temp. nuts as I'm looking to get some nicer ones to finish it off - If anyones got some they can sell to me please PM me :)

Any heres a few pics showing it fitted , it was raining so not the greatest pics - now seeing it on the car does anyone have any suggestions for improvements under the bonnet?

Thanks again for looking!

Attachments

• IMGP1075.jpg
    IMGP1075.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMGP1078.jpg
    IMGP1078.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 163
  DCi 100
Definatly polished inlets, unless you have black wheels etc. Some AST top mounts wouldn't hurt it aswell?

Clio 182 FF
i've got the dark grey wheels on the car so could do a dark grey plenum and then polish over the lettering after to make it stand out.

Should go to a local meet sometime really to see the different stuff everyones done to their cars - sometimes its not the same seeing it in pics.

Clio 182 FF
I'm swaying towards the polished look . . I know its been done time and time before but it just looks so good when you lift the bonnet!

As soon as i've had the plenum done i'll be putting some pics on to keep this thread updated.