ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 197 GULF idea....

Hi People,

Just dropping my 197 thread into the mix for anyone whos not on the 197.net,
was going to go for a 182 hence why I became a member on here but found a bargain right colour and price :D
Its pretty bloody awesome :D haha a step up from my 106 GTI anyways :p
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Anyways, names Matt I'm a fabricator for Jag Land Rover prototype cars so i get chop up and make some cool stuff and some boring stuff,

my first thoughts are thinking racing blue and anthracite wheels going with orange hints like orange calipers and going to make a custom tow eye to hold an orange TOW strap. then kind go from there... I also realised i was being brave with the whole orange and blue then i remembered its the GULF colours so hoping this may work...

Heres a pic from when i just bought it, not great but more to come in a progress thread.

306379_2248920776189_1043305388_2559489_1381672495_n.jpg

First update: The custom Tow Strap... and spray

first came a sticker order and a de badge with my first go with clay :/ (need help with this but that will come)
IMG_0631.jpg

then badges and grills went black
IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

And the orange and blue theme begins
with an order of an orange TRS tow strap.

and the custom bar was in the making using the original as a guide,
IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

and fitted (got loads more pics)
IMG_0639.jpg

Update 2:

Decided to give it a once over, and i needed to attack my random water problem, where when i broke sharply water was spraying out the bonnet and up the wind screen NOT COOL:mad: as i explained at the start of the thread when i broke heavily and water was spraying out the sides of the bonnet and up over the sides of the windscreen.

In my hunt i found these pools hidden away under all that plastic;
P1030567.jpg

P1030568.jpg

basically it was full of gunge and general S**T i had to use wire down the pipes to clean them out so the water could flow out of them. and cleaned the general area.

P1030571.jpg

P1030572.jpg

Then carried on with the clean and thanks to being round the corner from Maguires HQ got these cheeky snaps

P1030598.jpg

P1030590.jpg

P1030589.jpg

P1030586.jpg

P1030592.jpg

P1030593.jpg

also i mention the so called 'ghost marks' but the like small spots that WILL NOT MOVE of the paint?
If anyone has any idea on what this could be or how do get rid of it would be much appreciated. I've tred clayin the polishing and i dont mean a quick clay and polish i speant a good while trying but didnt seem to budge.

There highlighted in RED

P1030578.jpg

And so the plans for start of next year are going to be...

possibly black wheels
Orange calipers
smoked side repeaters
black door handles
H&R lowering springs,
I would like some 18x8 compomotive from santa that would be nice haha! I did want some rota grids but they only go upto 16s:dapprove:

thoughts?

Matt

fair enough guys, tow strap is marmite fair few people like it some dont, yeah its only going to be orange tow stap brake calipers about it really. so not major Gulf just that i realised after id thought weather orange and blue go together i remembered the gulf colours.