ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rache's OEM 172

Clio Sport 172
Hey all,
Had my 172 since Christmas (Christmas present to myself) after swapping my 1.2 in for something a bit more fun!

I am the second owner; the previous owner was an older gent (who was possibly oversold when he went to Renault!) so was relatively low mileage (41,040) for a 04 reg. As it had been kept (pretty much) OEM I decided to continue with it and loving it :)

The car is very well looked after by @MicKPM at Diamond Motors who has replaced the cam belt + tensioner, water pump, O/S driveshaft and brakes since I purchased it.

I just bought some new plates from Renault Leicester (who imported the car originally) to replace the 'Motorpoint' plates it came with. Haven't popped them on yet as looking for some decent sticky pads so I don't have to screw the front on (yes I know the current one is slightly wonky!).

I am taking it to Origine RS in a few weeks which will be the first show; I just need to get a bit more familiar with wax and clay bar to get it into show condition. Suggestions for cleaning products are welcome!

Will upload some more pics / info over the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    835.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 58
  Clio Sport 172
Popped the new plates on, they look so much better! Took a bit of messing about making sure they were straight but think I managed it.

Attachments

• 20150806_202738.jpg
    20150806_202738.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 20150806_181103.jpg
    20150806_181103.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  Clio Sport 172
So started detailing the car tonight; didn't get very far as I decided 9pm was a good time to start but it did give me a chance to try some new products.

I have never detailed a car before, just lots of washes with a single bucket (don't shoot me!) and on very rare occasions a polish. Having owned this one since Xmas I decided I should find some decent products and treat it.

I had a search through the forum and some online reviews and have purchased; a sheepskin mitt, Iron-X (lemon scented), Tar-X, Maguires Ultimate wax, Auto Finesse Imperial Wheel Cleaner and Hydro 2 Lite. I already have Maguires shampoo which lathers nicely :)

Tonight I tried the Auto Finesse on two of the wheels, looks brilliant even in the dim outdoor light so looking forward to doing a comparison in the morning. I also tried a bit of the Iron-X, thanks to all who recommended the Lemon Scented version! It still stinks but I am assuming it's better than the standard version. Having seen a few vids/photos of the bleeding effect I was a bit nervous to spray it on my car plus seeing as it recommended testing it in an inconspicuous location I borrowed the OH'S C1 and tested it out. The bleeding is a bit unnerving but the surface definitely feels a lot smoother so interested to see the difference it makes on my car.

Will post some pics as it goes!