ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rachels flame red looking shiny :) (56k no-go)

Tungy
Went up Halfords today and bought some products. Gave Rachels car a clean with some shampoo this morning and rinsed off. Then this afternoon gave it a claying with the megs detailer and claybar and then Rachel applied some of the deep wax that comes with the set. Was going to put some Autoglym EGP on after but put it on the bonnet but couldn't really be bothered and it was dead runny like water. Never used it before so don't know if it should be like that. However Really happy with the results.

P1010253.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010258.jpg

Couple with my uncleaned tungsten!

P1010261.jpg

P1010254.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010260.jpg

As you can see I'm not much of a photographer! Photos don't do it justice.

And one photo of the owners. Ahhhhh how sweet :eek:

SP_A0427.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
good results!

the egp is a liquid, you apply a thin film of it and it drys over about an hour. then you just buff it off. good stuff

RB 182 Cup
look how big the 172 is compared to the valver :eek: . cars are getitng so big lol, the 172 is a tiny car these days

silver cup packed FF 182
flame red looks lovely when cleaned,i had a go at using that autoglym super resin polish and i know what you mean by it looks runny when you pour it out of the tub.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Great colour looks excellent when clean.

Stick with the EGP after polishing its worth it, as Christopher said (good stuff) does make a difference especially on a flamer !!!:D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah that's right. Although Dave had a private plate on when he owned it. Thanks for the tip on the egp!

yep ** DWR i remember the original plate though, because of the OWW bit. lol

that car was pampered, a real minter. :approve:

next time try some SRP, a few coats of EGP and a nice wax to finish...Tech Wax, P21S etc.

106 GTi
Nice work - Looks stunning - love Flame red on the 172

[next time try some SRP, a few coats of EGP and a nice wax to finish...Tech Wax, P21S etc.

No no no Christopher Megs NXT has cleaners in it so will remove the EGP layers, dont be using that after, stick to pure Carnubas such as the P21s.

No more clio's for me!
good results!

the egp is a liquid, you apply a thin film of it and it drys over about an hour. then you just buff it off. good stuff

Agreed, used gpg for the first time yesterday on my scoob, its looking mint for its race today. :)

Love the flame reds! :cool:

'18 Megane dci
Ahh, the rosebud, looking proud there I see, lovely :)

I see all my PC'ing paid off ;)

Made my day seeing these :D

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
looks very nice, It was a tough decision for me between a monaco or a flamer, but the rareness of the monaco swung it for me.

defo go for the EGP next time. I did mine last week. Went out to wash the car again today, poured a couple of watering cans worth of water of the car first (to get rid of the suface dust) and I've never seen water run off a car so well, it was 85% dry again within seconds and thats a week later from putting the stuff on!

(results of last weeks clean...http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218807)

Last edited:
  Tungy
Oh yeah and gave Tungy a clean today too. Shampooed, leathered off and then clayed. Then gave him a coat of SRP and a coat of EGP. With the help of Rachel once again. Came out quite well :). Need to get round to squaring up my bonnet and offside wing. Then I'll fit my grill and new wheels :lolup:

P1010270.jpg

Excuse the ugly b**ch from next door in the background
P1010268.jpg