ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racelogic Launch Control

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

is anyone interested in a group buy on race logics traction and launch control..

can be fitted to any fuel injected car, infact to carbd cars as well..

the prices have just dropped..

they are also about to release the digital display control unit that will show wheel speeds, in graph form, control the launch, has some set up features etc etc...

www.racelogic.co.uk/traction

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/images/Drift-Adjuster1.jpg

we will of course be offering discount depending on numbers.

Andy

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

by the way, its much much better than the std system fitted to the clios..... which has a massive delay in controlling the wheel speeds..

the racelogic system will allow you to set how much fun you want, and say in dry mode allow you to pin the throttle in 2nd gear round a roundabout and it will go only as fast as it can without loosing traction..... smooth and controllable...

if you want to slide then you can set it to 10-25% allowable slip..

the launch control holds the revs after you arm it, and allows you a fast start say for 1/4 mile runs just controlling the cltuch of the line.... you can set it to hold the revs at any given rpm..... control slip as well during this seqeuce

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Andy youre a bad bad man....havent you had enough of my money?! lol. Seriously tho, nice bit of kit....will chat to you tomorrow about price for one on my bros mini, it needs it! unfortunately itll prob mean its quicker than mine tho :-( Think i need throttle bodies! haha

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 07 July 2005
by the way, its much much better than the std system fitted to the clios..... which has a massive delay in controlling the wheel speeds..

Didnt even realise the clio had launch control!? Or are you refering to the traction control?

I think people will need an idea on price before putting their hand up. How much if, say, five people are interested?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

have a look on the site..

www.racelogic.co.uk/traction

in prices.

all the options are there.

the racelogic has launch control on it..... its awesome... got it on my audi turbo

Banana

Mucho interested (price permitting) These things are great. Saw one in action at crail in a saxo and it was getting better starts off the line than scoobies!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

yes, a v6 was the 1st system we ever fitted, VERY effective.

its been proven that on a TVR the traction control actaully made the car faster round the lanes as the driver was able to use more of the power without the concern of it stepping out all the time....

the same applies to any car......

I have it fitted to my audi, the initial reason was when I pull out of junctions in the wet, as its FWD when the power comes in the front wheels spin leaving me in the middle of the road..... now I just plant the power down and let the RACELOGIC look after the traction.... just down the adjuster to WET setting and off we go.

In normal driving its set to 10% as this allows some drift of the front end.... safe and fun.

Andy

V

v6Max

Another vote for the system - we use it on one of our Ariel Atoms and we dial in the degree of "help" according to the level of the drivers ability - its very, very effective and nothing like the blunt instrument that normal traction control systems are.

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 08 July 2005

yes, a v6 was the 1st system we ever fitted, VERY effective.

its been proven that on a TVR the traction control actaully made the car faster round the lanes as the driver was able to use more of the power without the concern of it stepping out all the time....

the same applies to any car......

I have it fitted to my audi, the initial reason was when I pull out of junctions in the wet, as its FWD when the power comes in the front wheels spin leaving me in the middle of the road..... now I just plant the power down and let the RACELOGIC look after the traction.... just down the adjuster to WET setting and off we go.

In normal driving its set to 10% as this allows some drift of the front end.... safe and fun.

Andy

thats got me interested ;) It depends on the price though, can you give us a idea on the total cost????

Would it give benefits to my Revod Leon? I certainly can relate to trying to get 270-odd bhp down from a wet junction! Id be interested, price permitting of course.

E91 M Sport

I dont need no gay-boy traction control....

...but add my name to your list, because I think I might change my mind at the first drop of rain :p

A slow one :-(

How easy is it to move these from car to car? I like the sounds of this peice of kit but im getting rid of the clio in a few months for something a sh*t load quicker!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

yes it can be taken off, half days work topds to remove.... probably only an hour or so....

Mike, your BMW is a prime example of a car that will benefit from it..... RWD and powerfull..... point and shoot when your tired and let the RaceLogic take over the slipping

RLTC6AL Adjustable Traction Control (6 Cyl) + Launch Control ABS £595

this is the retail.....

Fitting is £400 a day retail, a clio would take me about 3/4 of a day to do normally,

IF!!!! we get 5 or more people I can do 10% off the units and a massive 20% off the fitting....

£535 for the unit
£240 for fitting (in most cases) - vehical dependant

dont forget this is the launch control item as well, if your car does not have ABS then you need Wheel speed sensors and extra fitting....

we are currently fitting one of these units to a Dodge Viper (pictured elsewhere in the forum)....

Andy

So with VAT your looking at just under a grand? Think thats going to be too expensive for me at the moment, will just have to keep using the trusty right foot as TC.

Quote: Originally posted by Max172cup on 08 July 2005

So with VAT your looking at just under a grand? Think thats going to be too expensive for me at the moment, will just have to keep using the trusty right foot as TC.

CCC magazine wrote an article a few years ago and found control via the right foot to be quicker point to point even in the wet.

IMHO you would be better off buying good tyres.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 08 July 2005

stu have a look at the demo videos on Racelogics site
For that money I would buy a LSD, Im a natural cynic and i dont believe the hype.

I could see the need if you have no talent and huge BHP monster but the Clio isnt that IMO.

Banana

Bit dear for me too at the moment, I have a cup so I would be needing the wheel speed sensors as well:(.

Ah well, back to old fashioned right foot control.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

well i have a demo car running with it... so come down and I will show you....

the hype is not hype.... they work really well as a tool for the road.... on the track I would turn it off..... personally....

but for example if your a nervous driver and want to have safe fun then its a nice thing to have....

come and try it....

Andy

Clio 1.4, SV650S

how does the launch control work...

holds the revs, you bring the clutch up and it moderates the power for the best start?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

you arm it at standstill

pin the throttle.... (makes an awsome noise)

let clutch up progressivly (depends on car etc etc)

unit controls any wheel spin for best get away....

it reacts much faster than pretty much any stock car system

Clio 1.4, SV650S

cool... one day when i have a more powerful car.

does it feck the clutch up, i guess that depends on how quick you dump it.

WHATS WRONG WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL ON THE 182 ANYHOW? I OUT CORNERED A M3 TONIGHT ON A ROUNDABOUT, OR PERHAPS HE WAS JUST A sh*t DRIVER?

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by EK05YTO on 09 July 2005

WHATS WRONG WITH THE TRACTION CONTROL ON THE 182 ANYHOW? I OUT CORNERED A M3 TONIGHT ON A ROUNDABOUT, OR PERHAPS HE WAS JUST A sh*t DRIVER?
the standard system is too slow, and Maybe the M3 wasnt interested? cos if he was hed leave you standing lol