ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

raceland coilovers

i read a thread on here yesterday about raceland coilovers not being supplied for rs 172/182s anymore.

had a mooch about on the net and come across this guy tuningleader@skynet.be emailed him and he said he still has them and they are £179 delivered:eek:

personaly i wouldnt touch them but for the cheap skates lol on here they might be ideal?

has anyone ever had these? never heard of them till yesterday.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
I have them. Can't fault them in anyways and from what I've seen on the forum there exactly the same as k-tecs racings own branded coilovers!!

are they on your 182 how do they handle? i just think that something that cheap can't be up to scratch? :S

TRACK CAR BREAKING
i dont see how mine could handle any better tbh
i have k tec solid top mounts aswell..
tomorrow im getting all my suspension set up and camber done at jms :)

i have had gaz on my old cars and they seemed to hard.. these coilovers are perfect for me!!

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
i read a thread on here yesterday about raceland coilovers not being supplied for rs 172/182s anymore.

had a mooch about on the net and come across this guy tuningleader@skynet.be emailed him and he said he still has them and they are £179 delivered:eek:

personaly i wouldnt touch them but for the cheap skates lol on here they might be ideal?

has anyone ever had these? never heard of them till yesterday.

Just emailed him he only has 58mm bolt spacing :( Why nothing cheap for sports!!! :(

Ph 1 172
I have had these on my 172 for over a year now cannot fault them in any ways don't get me wrong they are not better or worse than the standard suspension for ride quality and cornering capability. But if you want to get your stance just right they are perfect. for constant track use I think I would I'd go more expensive. For road use, b road blasts and the odd track session at FCS or shows, and slamming your car these are perfect

Looking for 182
It'd be interesting to know how many people who slate them have any actual experience of driving on them, for any more than a quick test.

172 with k-tec sound
this is cs, whats reality and whats said on here are two different things, i know what i know and anyone trying telling me different is wasting my time and theirs.

Fiesta ST-2
The ones he sells on ebay are not for sports and someone has emailed him to confirm he doesnt have any 172/182 ones. OP?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
It'd be interesting to know how many people who slate them have any actual experience of driving on them, for any more than a quick test.

the clio ones may be one of the lucky ones that dont go coilbound when low, but having ordered a few in for customers and had the feedback, they are way too heavy and softly sprung over the whole range. Its worth saving up a hundred or so more for AP Suspension or Weitec as you will notice the difference.

182 FF
I've ran mine for a year now there good for the cash no doubt. The front springs are a bit too soft and to be honest a refreshed standard set up is better imo and I'm thinking of changing back at some point, but they are far from terrible whatever is said on here. You can get stiffer springs from Rally Design for £30 each if you were that bothered, and the rear shocks are just shorter than std and not an coilover anyway, just got an adjustable collar which they sit on. I'd go for em but hold onto your stock set up incase you don't like em.

My experience of them is solid but simple build, very soft damping and unpredictable, poorly finished fitment such as bolt spacing, especially on the non sport models. If I never see another set again I'm a happy man.

Both are a cheap option, both very similar in simple, no frills build quality - I do however vastly prefer the v-maxx's more comprehensive range of bolt spacing options.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm after a set of these for my Mk2 Ph1 Clio 1.4 S, does anyone know my bolt spacing, 58mm?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
there is an option in the postage tab for uk?
Never noticed that before!, i did email him and ask for the bolt spacing to make sure it was 54mm and got told that he wont post to the uk due to contractual limitations, if anyone has actually managed to get any in this country i'd be very interested to hear! As i'd be very interested in getting some cheap coilovers
Someone in the republic of Ireland managed to get some ut i think thats becouse its not classed as UK

Ph1 172
Never noticed that before!, i did email him and ask for the bolt spacing to make sure it was 54mm and got told that he wont post to the uk due to contractual limitations, if anyone has actually managed to get any in this country i'd be very interested to hear! As i'd be very interested in getting some cheap coilovers
Someone in the republic of Ireland managed to get some ut i think thats becouse its not classed as UK

If the option is there and you buy some they don't turn up etc or he won't post them, you can get your money back though paypal etc.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Also i wanted to check is the european version of the Rs different bolt spacing as i allways thought sports were 54mm?
As i got this back earlier from the guy on ebay :
Dear sir,

The kit for Renault Clio B RS is indeed also for Clio 172, only it is with 52mm bolt spacing.
Due to prior agreement we cannot supply this kit to the UK. Therefore we do offer only for delivery outside UK.
If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

The Rokkor Team
sales@rokkorracing.com

And

Mk5 golf gti
Shouldnt of posted it on here

Gaytec will buy them out now and rip off the CS community

;)