ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race team old tyres...

Ph1 T
Hi

Im wondering if anyone on here knows of any race teams that get rid of there last seasons tyres and willing to sell them cheap..

If any people that race on here do give me a shout or anyone that knows of teams let me know..

Thanks Dan

Cup In bits
Mini championship ao48r's in 15". Ginettas run 15" slicks. Mx5 championship runs 15" of some kind.

Cup In bits
I will be getting some this season from mates but depending how good they are then I might be selling, 195/50/15 ao48r's.

edit: in fact I think I have a spare set of Dunlop slicks s8c that equates to 205/50/15 that I might sell, would have to check when home.

Ph1 T
Just messaged a guy from eBay he can do me 4 Michelin s8b for £95 delivered sounds decent to me

Cup In bits
Yeah that's all right depending on what life they have left in them, I got mine for £200. An S8 tyre is a medium compound, not shure what the letter at the end means.

They have wear marker holes in them for reference mate, just incase he's selling a burnt out set. They start with about 3mm or so in the indents.

Ph1 T
Yeah there 33/70/15 mate

They will go on f1s fine won't they btw..

Ill check how much tread is on them says there good condition if there's a few days left for the price can't complain

Cup In bits
I believe that's the tyres that are used on British NASCAR style cars so I very mouth doubt it. May be wrong though.

Yeah there 33/70/15 mate

They will go on f1s fine won't they btw..

Ill check how much tread is on them says there good condition if there's a few days left for the price can't complain

the rim width for that size slick is between 10 and 14 inches wide , so they won't come close to fitting a clio

beware that if they are atdo member track day companies will ask if running slicks you have a cage fitted ,and some ban slicks .

Cup In bits
Harv, do you know of a good calculator for converting slicks to road dimensions, can't find much tbh.

Cup In bits
Cheers, I didn't realise it was imperial dimensions they are done in.

I know mate, how they were kept, how many heat cycles, how they were heated and cooled, kerbs or no kerbs etc etc lol.

yep ..... and being honest they arn't imperial sized either , i should bloody know that .

a road tyre size the isn't the actual size and the side wall is a percentage of the width , where as the slick sizes are actual sizes in mm , so ignore my calculator its crap ...

the middle dimention on a slick is an sctaul measurement .....

thats why there is no real conversion ...

take 4 different 195x50x15 road tyres and i be they all have different widths and profile heights

as for how they are treated , if they are still decent we would use them for testing , if they were shot they would be sold or binned

it depends on what they are off and what sort of budgets are being spent .... but the variation in second hand slicks is unreal , and the truth is they are all worth nothing but people get beer money for them, most times someone has been given them by a team and is then selling them on .

Cup In bits
Yeah I understand road tyres.

I did try the calculator and thought the numbers were funny, thought it was just me being a nugget.

That's it, most that you see for sale don't even have any 'tread' (for want if a better word) left on them.

Ph1 T
Right sort of understand what your saying. So there's no definite answe you could give me on what size id need mate?

172 + 1.2
I can get you part worn 195 50 15 Yokohama Advan A048s from the Mini Cup cars, tread and prices vary quite alot though - some sets ive had before have been at 4mm+ others just on the markers, but still good for trackdays

Ph1 T
I can get you part worn 195 50 15 Yokohama Advan A048s from the Mini Cup cars, tread and prices vary quite alot though - some sets ive had before have been at 4mm+ others just on the markers, but still good for trackdays

Could you pm me prices for both mate