ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RACE MANIFOLD

clio sport 197
so i just won a stainless steel 4 2 1 race manifold on ebay for my 197 and it says that it adds 12bhp is this true

clio sport 197
ye same with my exhaust that said it adds 30bhp that can't be right 42 bhp from a manifold and exhaust

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Most of the Clio stainless manifolds are made in China,
I was going to buy one years ago, but luckily CS set me straight and a bit of research proved they were right.

Not saying yours is cheap tat as I don't know what you've bought,
but 90% of the time they're no better than standard.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Most of the Clio stainless manifolds are made in China,
I was going to buy one years ago, but luckily CS set me straight and a bit of research proved they were right.

Not saying yours is cheap tat as I don't know what you've bought,
but 90% of the time they're no better than standard.

From a few threads on here recently the standard 197 ones are also poorly made, so at least swapping to a cheap and cheerful ebay one that will crack eventually no doubt isnt actually a downgrade like it is on the 172/182

FF Clio 200 Cup
Quite a few people have fitted the toyo sports manifold, don't always line up spot on but seem to get good praises. It's advisable to get a map after if running both decats as it can run quite lean.

might get a bit more mid range torque. The standerd ones are also restrictive compared to the toyosport one by the join.

Lionel Richie
IF its the one in the ebay link above DON'T bother, get your money back, they don't fit properly and whack off the subframe as you accelerate! waste of £240!!!

Megane r26
IF its the one in the ebay link above DON'T bother, get your money back, they don't fit properly and whack off the subframe as you accelerate! waste of £240!!!

As Fred says, have fun fitting it! I'm sick of local kids asking me to fit s**t like this. Holes never line up mad you end up f**king around making it fit.

Then again OP could always surprise us with something else?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
seem popular for the 197 because they're cheaper than fixing the original piece of crap properly. I asked piper how much they could do a decent replacement for and it was going to be over £700. They weren't interested as for that cost everyone would buy the ebay tat so they wouldn't sell any. I'll be modding the original when the time comes, re-enforced head join, new flexis, and a supersprint Y pipe to remove the pre-cat.

Clio 197
I have the cheap decat race system the seller of that ebay mani also sells, had no problems so far! Sounds good enough for 155 quid