ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race engine parts configuration.

Having been impressed with the level of knowledge and help already recieved from this community let me pitch another curve ball in the direction of those expierenced with f4r engine builds - specifically for competition requirements...

As mentioned in a previous thread this is the current rough engine specification:

Originally a Clio 182 road car.
Jenvey ITBs, fuel rail & ITG filter element.
High compression pistons.
Forged conrods.

Balanced throughout.
ARP throughout.
new seals, gaskets, followers etc.
CatCam Valve springs
Single piece valves
422 CatCams with VVT.
Headwork of some description; based on ph1 head.
Lightly skimmed, rehoned, 3 angle valve seats.
4-2-1 exhaust manifold.
Alternator & waterpump are only Aux Losses.

Other important info - rpm limiter around 7700 - 7800, thermostat controlled oil cooling.

Bold marked components above are still up in the air a little as I have had very mixed reports on engine character based on different combinations of components.Our main rpm band of interest is 5.5k to 7.5k - maximum torque during and maximum BHP toward the end of this band.

Give me your insight on parts, compression ratios, output approximations, engine character etc.

Look forward to reading your advice!