ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race clutch

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Hi wanted to know what clutch people run or recommend for track only car - standard 182 engine and box. Not sure how the standard clutch stands up to lots of high rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
On a standard engine a decent Valeo or Sachs clutch will be fine. If you want more bite a Helix paddle clutch will fit the bill, but they’re expensive and I think overkill for your needs.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Ran a standard Valeo for two years with no problems at all. Now running a helix as we have plans. But if I was leaving the engine near standard I would save some beer tokens and stick to standard

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Thanks chaps. My buddy here in NZ had a clutch explode in a race recently, apparently it’s relatively common?? Thinking of changing mine as preventative maintenance.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Thanks chaps. My buddy here in NZ had a clutch explode in a race recently, apparently it’s relatively common?? Thinking of changing mine as preventative maintenance.

Ran a standard clutch for two years of track days and one race, no problems what so ever. Put in a fancy clutch for the next race as the car was taken apart anyway and it exploded after a 30 minute qualifying session and about 25 minutes of racing. Figure that one out ??