ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race car with electrical problems

long story short: had big electrical issues so fitted a gen90 and trimmed down standard interior loom. The engine now runs (hurrah), but other electrical gremlins have become apparent:
- no throttle response, it will only idle;
- lights turning off when fan cuts in;
- ad hoc no lights or indicators.

Thoughts, please!

Matt

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well the gen90 runs a patch loom between the original fbw throttle body plug and the potentiometer on a itb setup to give the ecu the required signals. I can let you know what colour wires and which ecu pin numbers to check for on the engine harness if you want? I've got a gen90 myself.
You may need to swap the itb map over to a normal 172 map to get the fbw throttle working. Speak to Sean at ktec - he will be able to confirm.

I still don't think the trimmed down loom is correct though personally. Turning lights off when the fan kicks in is not right mate. What lights are turning off? Are all the earth points connected?
There's only a small number of people on here that have successfully trimmed them back, and I'm one of them.