ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAC Gap Insurance Cover

106 GTi
Just had a phone call offering me this on for the 182 - £10 quid a month waste of time or worth the cash?

Any views?

Cheers

Rich

Chocolate Bar™
over how long a time scale? its normally a set charge of 200quid.

i would have gone for it, if i'd have had 200quid lying around at the time of purchasing my car.

106 GTi
She said it was £10 per month but didnt say for how long, the cover was for 3 years so I guess that it would be £360 quid if they took it each month for the whole period.

Chocolate Bar™
if you are interested shop around, as you can pay a lump sum for your premium which would work out cheaper.

black gold 182
im with the rac and they said to me within the first year of registration,if it were written off they replace for new,rather than give me market value.Is yours a brand spanker.I decided against the gap insurance i must admit,also look out for clauses as they will out pay out a gap up to a maximum value

106 GTi
Yeah she said the max pay out would be 15, which would cover the 182, if you could find a new to replace it with though as they will soon all be gone.

106 GTi
I brought the car in March, she phoned up yesterday evening, think she said something along the lines of within 12 months of purchase.

Clown Car
r-jay said:
She said it was £10 per month but didnt say for how long, the cover was for 3 years so I guess that it would be £360 quid if they took it each month for the whole period.

£10 per month for 36 months sounds rather steep, the dealer where i bought my 182 from wanted £276 for 3 year covering up to £10,000 difference.

A quick search on google - http://www.click4gap.co.uk/

Return To Invoice cover -

£5,000 claim limit - £137 - 36 months cover
£7,500 claim limit - £153 - 36 months cover
£10,000 claim limit - £163 - 36 months cover

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
ive got it, gap with rac and also gap with black horse finance

so if i crash and write the cup off that mean I get two payouts or not lol

Tom

Clown Car
Could someone who has 'Return To Invoice' insurance please check their policy wording to see if it covers an own fault total loss claim, example - you lost control of your car, no other vehicles or factors involved and hit a tree resulting in a total loss.

Reason i want to know is i was reading a policy online and the way i interpret it is if the accident is your fault and results in a total loss then they won't pay out.

Mark5290 said:
Could someone who has 'Return To Invoice' insurance please check their policy wording to see if it covers an own fault total loss claim, example - you lost control of your car, no other vehicles or factors involved and hit a tree resulting in a total loss.

Reason i want to know is i was reading a policy online and the way i interpret it is if the accident is your fault and results in a total loss then they won't pay out.

The GAP insurance I had on my SEAT Leon Cupra R paid out for an own fault write off!

I filled out a claim form and send a copy of my original invoice, and a copy of the settlement figure from my main insurer and the GAP company paid the difference....

The cover on my Trophy came from the dealers and cost about £200 for 3 years....