ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** R32 Detail -Swissvax treatment** Lots of pics!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Been putting this off for months, but finally my debts were called in. Plus it was a good chance to try some new products. It's my old man's car, 53 plate with 20k miles on it, so you'd think it would be in 1/2 decent condition...Well, it's never ragged, but the paint and over all condition left a bit to the imagination. Anyway, only my 3rd VAG paint'd car i've done and a welcome change from all the renaults i've been doin.

From start to finish the detail was approx 18hrs, spaced over 2 days, the first was relatively short, just the arches, wheels and interior done.

I'll let the pics tell the story but fill in the gaps where necessary.

Car was given an inital wash, CG strong body wash to remove all the crap, not that there was much wax/polish on the car anyway. Foamed with the foam blaster, wasn't too specific on the dilution measure.

Carsud-1.jpg

Car was left to dwell and then clayed, using CG extreme body wash as the lube, i find this best for clayin as it's really oily. Pic's a bit blurry but after just the bonnet the clay was black! Main problem with this car was the ammount of tar specs on the paint, clayin took over 2hrs put it that way.

Clay.jpg

Anyway, quick move of the car and jacked up to remove the wheels.

Arches, wheels and door shuts were all treated with Megs APC 4:1 Was amazed at the ammount i went through, but came up really well and i'd recommend it over Virosol

Wheel before:

Wheelbefore.jpg

Wheel after:

Wheelafter.jpg

Sealed with poorboys, dressed witn CG trim gel for the pic.

Wheelssealdandwaxed.jpg

Ok on to the arches.

Rear arch before:

reararchbefore.jpg

Spray'd with APC:

reararchAPCd.jpg

Afters:

reararchafter-1.jpg

Not bad eh!

Front arch - I nearly choked when i seen it!

Frontarchbefore.jpg

Spray'd:

FrontarchAPCd.jpg

Aggitated with a dish cleaning brush:

FrontarchAggitated.jpg

And the outcome - minus trim dressing:

Frontarchafter.jpg

Engine's are something i'm not usually a bit fan of cleanin with pressure washers, luckily, my porch is at an elevated position so the pressure wouldn't be so extreme

Before - Nice 3.2 V6! :)

EngineBefore.jpg

APC'd:

EngineAPCd.jpg

afters:

Enginebaydressed.jpg

Now came the annoyin bit, the door shuts were covered in grease! old man said it was VW and not him, but i found a can of squiry grease on the shelf! Lyin sod!

Before:

Doorshutbefore.jpg

After:

Doorshutafter.jpg

With the arches now done, the wheels were put back on, the given a quick rince and dried properly.
Now on to the interior, the cars used everyday and visits the stables and is used primarily for dog walkin and shoppin, so the ammount of grot, dirt, sand etc was crazy, pics really don't show it, but you get the idea.

Before:

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

All carpets were hoovered, then shampoo'd with autogymn shampoo, still reckon this is one of the best shampoo's available...

Same applyed for the interior, wiped down with shampoo, the dressed with vinyl and rubber care and Poorboys natural. The leather uppers and door cards were treated with Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.

Afters:

afterspassenger.jpg

AftersBoot.jpg

Driverssideafters.jpg

Love the quality of the VW leather (Konig) and the conditioner works so much better than on the cheap Renault leather.

Ok....End of day one!

10am start y'day for the paint correction, the golf is one of these annoyin cars that traps water, so i spent a good while blowing it out with a compressor. Car was masked up with 3M 3434 tape and wiped over with a cloth.

I did struggle getting decent shots in the garage, but after 3/4 of the car i figured it was best gettin the light at about 90degree's to the paint and shooting pic from lower down...Photography issues aside, here are the results of the paint correction.

The process was similar to the last time i did a VAG paint'd car. Menz 3:02 on a 4 and 6in edge spot pad. I was happy with the test patch so pushed on.

Bonnet 50:50:

Bonnet5050.jpg

Nearside wing 50:50:

Arch5050.jpg

Tailgate before - Really badly swirled!

Bootlidbefore.jpg

After:

Bootlidafter.jpg

And a 50:50:

Bootlid5050.jpg

Ironically the R32 has a problem with the rear bumpers, or rather the design, the collector box for the exhaust is to too far to the right, so the heat has dulled the paint on that side. Other that that because of the dog jumping in and out, this was probably the most stratched part of the car.

Before:

Bumperbefore-1.jpg

After:

Bumperafter.jpg

50:50

Bumper5050.jpg

Swirlin and paint defects were fairly consitant around the car.

Door:

Door5050.jpg

rear 3/4 panel:

rear145050.jpg

With the machine polishin completed, i then glazed the car with Clearkote red glaze - And what can i say, it's fantastic, so easy on - smells like the AG window polish if were bein scent orientated! lol And it's close to bein wipe on wipe off! loved it! And the red colour just came alive.

Car was then sealed with CG blitz acrylic and left to cure for about 30mins.

Final stage and one i was excited about was the first use of the Swissvax ONYX - God it smells good, curiousity was leading me to try a bit, but i resisted. Was astonished by how easily it went on and also how little i used! -Removed after tens mins and well... i'll let the final shots tell the story.

Tyres were dressed with CG trim well, as was the front mesh. Exhaust with autosol...

Thanx for reading

Ali

AftersBack.jpg

Aftersback2.jpg

AftersFront.jpg

Aftersfront2.jpg

For Brazo:

Treeshotafters.jpg

Aftersside2.jpg

AftersSide.jpg

Aftersrear14.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio MK2 (1.2)
that looks top notch fella, 18hrs to clean a car is something i would never do, but the result is worthi it :)

An orange one
feck me ali!!! you really do it properly son!!

looks better than new...the pic of the wheels alone had me saying...wow!!

can i leave my vee there for 2 days next time...i'll pay u sweetly lol...and no...not in man love before you ask.. :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Figured out that the R32 doessn't use OZ wheels! there Ronal's!! Look similar tho.

No bother mate.. I've got an RX7 to do tomo! Gulp! ;)

Clio 197
That looks wicked, any chance you could put a list up of what you use on what parts of the car as i really want to have my car cleaned to this level every once in a while.

Civic Vtec y0
Nice work again Ali, wish someone could bring my car up that well :(

lol!

Im just about to send you a PM for some after sales service! Cheers lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice work, hope you got those tar spots of the wheel inners !

How was the Onyx ?

Cheeky sod! ;) Nah, maybe on the vee!

ONXY was unreal, loved it! best i've used! Any other suggestions chief! lol

Actually i'm skint, seein as this was a free detail!

Got to do all that again tomo!!!!!!!!!! - In one day tho! On a 90's RX7...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice work again Ali, wish someone could bring my car up that well :(

lol!

Im just about to send you a PM for some after sales service! Cheers lol

Age is a big factor Ryan, in the grand scale of things, the R32 was in decent condition. The coupe was about 5x worse! lol - Not a bad thing, it's a refection of the age of car.

:) PM'd.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That looks wicked, any chance you could put a list up of what you use on what parts of the car as i really want to have my car cleaned to this level every once in a while.

Erm...
WASHIN:

First wash - CG stong body wash
Clay - Megs
Lube - CG extreme body waxnwax

CORRECTION:

polish 3:02 Menzerna
Glaze - Clearkote red moose
Seal - CG Blitz acrylic
Wax Swissvax ONYX
Autosol

PADS:

Detaining spray - Anti static CG
Pad conditioner for spriztin - CG

INTERIOR:

AG interior shampoo
AG vinyl and rubber care
Poorboys natural look dressin
Gliptone leather care and conditioner
CG - Antibac spray

TYRES/WHEELS/ARCHER
CG - Trim and tyre gel
Poorboys wheel seal
APC 4:1

CLOTHES:
20 odd! LOL, various!

Golf R soon...
Proper good detail that Ali! Wow!

Those R32's are nice! Can pick one up pretty cheap now...So...Tempted....Doh!

I need to save a little money first :D

TeZ

Non RS : (
Good job, tho the 50/50 shots were poor mate you had a strong halogen on the swirl side and a weak screwfix eske bulb on te other that i could still see tightly packed swirls on , How come? did it need more?

Also like rich said tututut on the tar spots lol.

Great car that lovly interior 2. :)

koi

Audi S1
Can tell a lot of time and effort has been put into that

luv red cars especially when they have a really deep gloss like that :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice work. That interior was horrible before hand, hate doing cars like that but very satisfying once they are done...good job!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i wish to employ you Ali, firstly as my b**ch then secondly as a detailer :p

whats the charges ?!

;)

Polo Bluemotion
Wow, thought we spent a long time on mine 2day!! 18hours is a little 2 much, surely?? Im dreading a bird using my car as target practice, or it raining!! lol

Mito Sportiva 135
You would be surprised how long you can spend on a car...I spent 3 or 4 days on my car on the last thorough detail even though it was pretty much immaculate before then. My trouble is I like to try different products together and building layers of products, and getting as much gloss and clarity in the paint as possible. A whole day washing and drying and claying, a whole day polishing, a whole day on sealants, another day on waxing, interior, engine bay, wheels, shuts...it all adds up!

But yeah we probably are pretty sad in all honesty lol ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers for the comments chaps! wasn't a 100% correction, but it rarely is!

Like colin says, looks miles better in the flesh!

Ali