ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27's still for sale?

M135i
all gone! ive just looked throughout renault UK dealer stock. there was a couple of Liquid Yellows kicking about a few weeks back.

they ended at the begining of the year

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Damn shame.... not that i have the cash laying around but would love to upgrade to a brand spanking new one!...

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
I picked a Liquid Yellow one up yesterday - 11 months old and 6,000 miles for £13k.

I thought that was pretty good considering they were £17,250 new and I'm told that the Liquid Yellow paint was a pricey option.

I found a similar blue one at around the same price, but the Yellow won me over completely :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I picked a Liquid Yellow one up yesterday - 11 months old and 6,000 miles for £13k.

I thought that was pretty good considering they were £17,250 new and I'm told that the Liquid Yellow paint was a pricey option.

I found a similar blue one at around the same price, but the Yellow won me over completely :)

Not bad i guess... although i was offered a brand new one with quite a few options for under 14k,

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF

MDT48, your liquidity is making me very jealous!...

Mini Cooper S sport
Have a look around for a second hand bargain - there are a few around (as you can see!)

LY and Racing Blue are the best colours IMO, but they all look great.

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
Not bad i guess... although i was offered a brand new one with quite a few options for under 14k,

Impressive, most of the main dealers still seemed to be charging close to £15k for second hand R27s when I started looking.

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
I wasn't interested in an R26 though. I had a Focus RS from new for three years which I loved, then traded it in for an Orange ST, which I modded up to around 300bhp.

I then decided that it wasn't sensible to have two cars that did around 18mpg, cost a fortune to insure and a tonne in road tax, so I went looking for something that was cheaper to run but still fun to drive.

Couldn't believe how cheap the R27 was to insure - my modded ST cost me over £700 last year, and the R27 is costing me £295.

The R26 would have felt too much like the last couple of cars, especially the RS. That said, I was at the Press day at the Motor Show last week when they unveiled the new Focus RS and I was tempted to put a deposit down there and then :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I've had thoughts about swapping my R27 for a normal FF 197 because I have a really bad back (to put it mildly), and I've struggled with the Recaros as they're not half as soft as the normal RS seats - at the moment I have a cushion in there. Wasn't really something I could've twigged on a test drive, as my back's got a lot worse. Although sitting in a normal 197 after mine the other day was an eye opener heh!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've had thoughts about swapping my R27 for a normal FF 197 because I have a really bad back (to put it mildly), and I've struggled with the Recaros as they're not half as soft as the normal RS seats - at the moment I have a cushion in there. Wasn't really something I could've twigged on a test drive, as my back's got a lot worse. Although sitting in a normal 197 after mine the other day was an eye opener heh!

I'll swap you my FF 172 seats for your R27 Recaros, as they are great for bad backs ;)

I actually think racing blue, as a colour doesn't suit the 197. Although my last car was a racing blue 182 and it suited that car perfectly.