ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r26 progress thread.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
as most of you know the 200 kept dying on me and i wanted more power but couldnt justify spending loads of the clio to get a few bhp, i started to look at R26s and megane f1 teams.

looked at a few r26's and then found a nice black one with the lux pack so its got full leather and the armrest.

it had 33k on the clock and i loved it, took it for a drive and fell in love

did the deal and went to pick it up.
only thing wrong was it has no sticker set but oh well i prefer it with them off.

some pics when i traded in
36016_10150205546615293_582855292_1.jpg

30441_10150205826535293_582855292_1.jpg

uber gay number plate ftw
36891_10150205825955293_582855292_1.jpg

36912_10150207038995293_582855292_1.jpg

mods done are:

painted badges black
ktec racing panel filter
foam out of airbox removed
midbox cut out of exhaust
cold air feed from bumper
stage 1 rs tuning remap (252.36bhp without cold air feed)

some pics of how it stands today
IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

quick photo
IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

cold air feed fitting
38221_10150217652285293_582855292_13590046_5775593_n.jpg

37850_10150217457290293_582855292_13584617_6049552_n.jpg

lynden

will put rolling road results up now.

says its got 252.3 bhp but my friend has an astra vxr and rolling start (quiet dual carrageway early hours of the morning) both doing 30 then both boot it he only pulled half a car length from 30-100 jelly beans then we stopped, his rolled 265bhp

lynden

dk

911 GTS Cab
Re: r26 progress thread. (mods delete old thread)

Kids with r26s hanging out in mcdonalds carparks, definitely time for me to get rid, they've become cheap enough for the masses ;)

DCi 100

Didn't you say you weren't going to modify this?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Kids with r26s hanging out in mcdonalds carparks, definitely time for me to get rid, they've become cheap enough for the masses ;)

I'm sorry for being hungry lol :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Didn't you say you weren't going to modify this?

Yes yes I did lol but I had an urge and I hate driving standard cars about tbh, I blame my dad (mapped vectra) he's pushing me to get a stage 2 and coilovers for it lol

BMW M5 & E36

Why on earth have you taken the front plate off? The bumper recess looks horrendous.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

its being smoothed i think

320d

Why on earth have you taken the front plate off? The bumper recess looks horrendous.

Because Naith always does it with his car at meets etc.

I'm impressed with your quick progress though mate. Good mods you've done there. I'd have gone straight for stage 2 personally to save on mapping costs but I suppose you get to feel the benefits of extra power twice now.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Because Naith always does it with his car at meets etc.

I'm impressed with your quick progress though mate. Good mods you've done there. I'd have gone straight for stage 2 personally to save on mapping costs but I suppose you get to feel the benefits of extra power twice now.

tbh i wanted to go to stage 2 but i want to do it properly, most just do stage 2 map and intercooler and have trouble with injectors and clutch slipping so gona save 6 months then get stage 2 map, intercooler, injectors and clutch at the same time.

and the number plate stays off all the time, it just looks alot better and im getting the recess smoothed off. ive had it in the window for about 3 weeks now and noone has said anything about it and i live next to a police station.

lynden

F56 MINI Cooper S

Looks smart, i presume it is roughly level with an astra vxr striaght line speed?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

says its got 252.3 bhp but my friend has an astra vxr and rolling start (quiet dual carrageway early hours of the morning) both doing 30 then both boot it he only pulled half a car length from 30-100 jelly beans then we stopped, his rolled 265bhp but from a standing start I beat him off the line by about 3 car lengths then he can't catch me at all, only advantage he has is he overboosts to 1.1 at 3k then settles at 0.9

my megane doesn't overboost I think but rolling he literally pulls half a car length and that's it but off the line I beat him hands down (maybe because he can't launch) lol

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Forgot the add his vxr is a nurburing one so it's 264ish bhp not the standard 240 one, my megane pulls past a standard vxr with relative ease

F56 MINI Cooper S

is it a tuned nurburgring version think they are roughly the same horsepower from standard but obviously in white with white wheels to be fair a standard one are very quick

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

is it a tuned nurburgring version think they are roughly the same horsepower from standard but obviously in white with white wheels to be fair a standard one are very quick

It has an induction kit but the ring edition is White with White wheels but also has a differnt exhaust system and it rolled something like 264/265bhp and vauxhall official figures for te ring edition are 265 because of the Remus exhaust

200sx s14a

Forgot the add his vxr is a nurburing one so it's 264ish bhp not the standard 240 one, my megane pulls past a standard vxr with relative ease

i believe the nurburing runs only slightly more than the standard vxr which runs 237bhp as all it has as a performance enhancing modification is a remus exhaust.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Yh I know, his ran something like 264/265 bhp on 2 differnt rolling roads so my megane did well for it to only pull half a car on me on a rolling start

F56 MINI Cooper S

the astra has a 6 speed gear box which is lovely too have you been inside it?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

My megane has a 6 speed ;) and yeh it's nice actually he has got custom interior dash with gauges etc he also has the edition number (think his is 358) in the dials with a little ring outline, will get some pics, looks very oem+

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Megane should be getting yellow fogs tomoro

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

i always liked them, i duno what to do to it next, i have the urge to modify, took the spare wheel out and got rid of all the sound deadening in the boot and under the carpets for abit of weight saving, i would really like to relocate the battery to the boot but i have no idea how to do it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Oh dear...

BMW M5 & E36

FFS just leave it alone, you're making Megane owners (myself included) cringe :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

FFS just leave it alone, you're making Megane owners (myself included) cringe :(

why? how am i making them cringe? by painting the badges black and getting it mapped, u make no sense

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Let me know when you need a quote to fix the filled no plate recess.

Not a good idea.

Why do you want to keep the number plate on the dash? There's a perfectly good spot for it designed right into the bumper.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Just put it back on after having a word with a police officer lol

Leon Cupra 300

I wouldn't mess with it too much/do stuff not easily reversable... would put buyers off when you come to flog it.

TVR Cerbera

Glad i haven't got a megane. Why didn't you buy a R26R in the first place? instead of making a R26 lighter?

As Gally said, filling the number plate recess - don't bother. Just put the plate back on it looks crap with it in the windscreen.

BMW F31

Tbh i'm not a fan of the black badges, each to their own but think it looked better when you first got it.

Remapping and power mods ftw.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Reno spends loads making it look good. Some sticky tape and a number plate removal wont make it better. :-(
Just drive it and leave the styling to the french