ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 - a few pics and impressions

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got my Megane a little over a week ago. Done about 500 miles in it so far and loving it!

Such a capable car, does everything exceptionally well and looks awesome too!

Did a 400 mile round trip to Carlisle this weekend so thought I'd give a few views!
Going up there I sat at 80-90mph pretty much all the way, with Climate on full, and I managed to get 29.8mpg. I was hoping for a little more but not too bad I guess.

When I did leave the motorway though onto the country roads I managed to get it to 7.9mpg over about 7 miles!!

On the way back I did 100ish miles at 78mph on the cruise, then after a bit of traffic I was in a rush so spent the rest of the journey going a little faster. I was also 3 up on the way back, with a boot crammed full of stuff, and managed to get 31.6mpg!

It's quiet inside and awesome for overtaking, best car I've owned by a few country miles!

I took a few pics at the family farm.

SAM_1426.gif

SAM_1425.gif

SAM_1424.gif

SAM_1423.gif

For anyone considering one they are awesome!

Clio V6 Mk2 255
I was at Mas du Clos last week and had a passenger laps in a genuine Clio V6 Trophy and also a Megane R26R ... I have to say I was more impressed with the R26R in overall performance and fun. The track was wet so maybe the Trophy wasn't going at maximum attack but I was SERIOUSLY impressed with the Megane ... I am not sure if the Megane had been breathed on but the grip was astonishing in the wet and the driver or pilot as the French like to call them, was really showing off his skills with some extreme and induced drifting :)

Martin

Nimbus Megane R26
lovely lovely, exactly what i want! mind me asking how much you paid mate just so i can get an idea? pm me if you'd like not to say on here.

They 197 disks not the oem drilled ones? Heard they are prone to cracking..?

Cheers, kris.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I paid around £11k for it mate.

They are the OEM discs as far as I'm aware. Yeah apparently they do crack a lot, I'll just replace them as and when!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Might have been you i spotted at the weekend then... i was in carlisle on saturday and seen a blue meg, but it could have been russ, they aint that common around here....

Looks good non the less

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Cheers mate.

Don't think you would have, I never actually went through Carlisle itself, went to a place called Wigonby? Thornby? But the sat nav took me through some awesome country roads!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
^ Cheers mate.

Don't think you would have, I never actually went through Carlisle itself, went to a place called Wigonby? Thornby? But the sat nav took me through some awesome country roads!

Ah fair enough

Cumbria roads are win, not usually busy either..