ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R19 16v engine in 95 1.4rt Clio!

95 clio 1.4RT
I know that most of you would usually say scrap the 1.4rt clio n buy a valver! i wud agree with you but....... i hav been given the opportunity to buy a 1992 R19 16v complete menchanicals bar interior for £100 n only 60,000miles on the unit!

So i think i mite try n slap the 16v engine in me clio! hav bin talkin to a few bois n have bin told that the PAS pump needs to b moved to the other side of the engine n my car will need a 16valve bonnet to allow room for the inlet manifold. I can probably just do weyout PAS!

Would you lads know of any other problems that i may encounter wen doing this?

cheers

53 Clio's & counting
honestly mate?

buy a valver

dont wanna rain on ur parade,but u could sell ur rt and buy a valver with the same money if u look,then u will have the engine,suspension,brakes and the wide arches to match

remember with that biogger engine u gonna need to uprate everythin anyway

hope that helps mate

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
The time and effort you're gonna spend on doing it probably outweighs the benefit of doing so rather than just buying the valver. Spose it would be a bit of a sleeper, but obviously you're going to need to beef up the brakes, suspension etc too to match.

Plus when resale time comes round its going to be a s**t load easier to shift a valver than a 1.4 that someones jammed a 1.8 16v in