ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R SPORT - official Renault garage

Goto Renault.co.uk > then on the left hand side click "dealer" > Or Full postcode or outer put in SW19 3BL> then look at bottom of page and what do you see :D

Very interesting considering someone on this forum is getting warrenty work done there AND Renault customer care told him the ECU wont effect the warrenty! I have written to R SPort asking for written confirmation the ECU does not null the engine warrenty....

I will post up when I get a response.

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 27 December 2003

Eh no!

oh, i did, posted it ages ago. R sport as such is there name, kinda like Masters renault, or Reg vardy Renault so on so on.

At first they said that the R sport name was the name of a guy, as in Robert Sport and it was just a coincidence, but i think even they didnt know. When you o down there, its a renault approved garage, renault big signs, and all official parts, beside it is a door, 2 flights later theres an office with loadsa renalut race car pics and models and s few people.

Its just a small office. they work for Renault but are independant if that makes any sense. lol

Oh and my car is standard bar my green replacement element.

Update:

Had a reply from Renault customer services saying they are not "technically" trained so can not tell me if its warrenty approved (WTF?!) And told me to speak to my local dealer (yeah right they will have a clue) I have replied to them saying please give me an answer as one of their approved dealers is selling this ECU saying its warrenty approved....

Still not had a reply from R Sport.

Embarrassed to say

So R Sport are not technically trained, is this true?

Then would it make sense taking a clio cup to them?

Thinking I am going to have to give renault romford a call.

No customer services said "they are not technically trained" i.e the customer service ppl NOT R SPORT who are a approved Renault garage and im sure know what they are doing better than most Renault garages when 172s are concerned!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 29 December 2003

So R Sport are not technically trained, is this true?

Then would it make sense taking a clio cup to them?

Thinking I am going to have to give renault romford a call.
Id rather take my car to R-Sport than a Renault dealer...

Ziel Nurburgring

Sorry to briefly change the subject, but do you find any difference with the Green filter at all??