ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r/r results

iceberg 172
yesterday i was invited to goin to an rolling road day with some off the nova lads down at mini sport in burnly. i wasnt sure if to go on but the lads edged me on in to doin it. my car is a 172 with a viper cross and a decat. everyone thought i was goin to get around 160bhp but it managed 178bhp max power 173bhp engine power 139bhp atw and 140 fpt it realy put a smile on my face.

When i ran my car, it got 138.0bhp at the wheels, and that was worked out to be 158.8bhp at the fly.

Seems quite a high transmission loss? I would pay more attention to your wheel HP.

Any mental things there?

172 Cup
Good result mate, but after years and years of attending rolling road days and running on them ive lost interest in what the readings are...if the car goes well on the road thats the important thing ;).

You got any other mods in the pipe line?

ZX6R B1H
Matty you got a good result in honesty, chris "W17gle" ran a 168 but his torque fig was down That was a standard ph1 172 with a open cone filter, oh and his exhaust has since pretty much fell off :D

Biggest powered car was a corsa with a c20let running 285hp running 1.0l corsa brakes :D pmsl couple of w**k corsas nova turbo usual c20xe novas and a rally x16xe nova vectra v6 a bmw 328 and a little mk1 mr2 .9bar @ 270hp iirc.

Oh and im the lad on the crutches tez/riggy/Si's mate... and yes im on cliosport :p

ITB'd MK1
I've driven a 1 litre corsa, wowomg the brakes were w**k LOL

Looks like you got a decent ATW figure at least. Graphs would be interesting to see :)

ZX6R B1H
I thought the same, i was chatting to the lad and they only use it for straight line 1/4 mile stuff. However it still is road legal... lol. crazy fools.

Oh there was a mk1 c20let astra as well, running 206hp roughly std let power.

Oh matty :p

DSC_0299_Small.jpg

DSC_0300_Small.jpg

No screen shot of yours matty.

and chris's old girl..

DSC_0310_Small.jpg

DSC_0313_Small.jpg

DSC_0312_Small.jpg

Lionel Richie
yesterday i was invited to goin to an rolling road day with some off the nova lads down at mini sport in burnly. i wasnt sure if to go on but the lads edged me on in to doin it. my car is a 172 with a viper cross and a decat. everyone thought i was goin to get around 160bhp but it managed 178bhp max power 173bhp engine power 139bhp atw and 140 fpt it realy put a smile on my face.

those figures make no sense!

139@wheels IS NOT 173/178 @ fly, more like 164@fly which is more accurate

anything
i pulled 145 bhp at the wheels and only came in 165 bhp at the fly , i dont understand how they calculate it but i would have thought this should have been higher

ITB'd MK1
i pulled 145 bhp at the wheels and only came in 165 bhp at the fly , i dont understand how they calculate it but i would have thought this should have been higher

depends on a lot of things. different size rollers, single roller or twin, run-down loss measurement or calculated percentage. Even ATW measurement comes out different between single and twin rollers