ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quite a bang!! :(

Clio Sport 172
was pulling out of my drive today and bang.. the car didnt stall but it wouldnt move any were. i didnt hit anything. i have found that my left side rear drum has seesed. what can i do?

i have work tomorrow too and cant go now :(

Happened to me mate, 1.2 d'mique.

New brake shoes needed, 75 quid inc labour.

Common problem apparently with clios and 206's. Renault cost cutters using adhesive instead of rivets, causing a part of the brake to become loose or something along those lines.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Use the handbrake? My dads scenic used to do it, not sure if that was drums or disks though.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
as said before the brake linings have shed, chances are you wont be able to pull the hub off, you will need to rotate the drum in the opposite direction to the way you were travelling... i had to use a long breaker bar and scaffold tube to move mine when my mk2 shed its linings.

Clio Sport 172
ah crap. i got a mechanic coming tomorrow so hopefully ill get it sorted. fingers crossed it dont cost alot

Clio Sport 172
still with out car :( the mechanic didnt have time to call today :( i hate using buses full of chavs, kids and someone that always smells.....

CB600FS
What years the Clio mate, Renault now do an unlimited mileage 4 year warranty on Clio rear drums, due to the amount of problems they've had with them.

Clio Sport 172
sounds like someone has been doing handbrake turns

haha no thats not me. what i did was i had the car on ramps and didnt turn the engin off to roll it off (thinking that the brakes would still work) and they didnt lol do i quickly but the hand brake on. next day bang lol