ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quietest Stealth Exhaust for a 172

Monaco
I'm wondering; what is the best aftermarket exhaust option for a 172?

For context I'm considering cams for which most people recommend requires a better flowing exhaust on a 172 but I'm super-OEM and fussy. I also don't like loud exhausts.

I've seen some examples of retro fitting a 182 cat to the 172 system which I really, really like the idea of but I'm in central London and wouldnt really know where to start with getting custom work done so an off-the-shelf option is much preferred.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yozza sport stealth (very light an quiet) via BTM.
Or BTB (quiet but heavy).

Sprint 172
BTB stealth would be a little to noisy for you I would think. BTB Stealth Ninja is as quiet as a standard system but it's not a performance system so wouldn't be suitable for your intended route tuning wise. That leaves the BTM stealth as your best option I would have thought - good blend of performance and quietness. There is a new BTB stealth in development at the moment which will be very light and with special attention made to removing a particular frequency that creates the boom/drone noise. However, I still think it would be too noisy for you. Give Fred a call at BTM and order one of his stealths.

Monaco
ForceIndia davo172 vecbtb Great! Love this forum. Got 100's of aftermarket exhaust options down to 3 with no effort from me.

I'll get in touch with BTM. Yozza is also a contender.

Is the general feeling that the ktec stealth is going to be too loud? I only ask because they come up for sale so regularly on here and might be an opportunity for a bargain.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yozza/BTM are same person these days. Fred is no longer a trader, but a quick Google should get you BTM contact details. I don't like the ktec because it's louder, heavier, and poorly made (poor fit). Hence them going cheap!

Sprint 172
Just two options really as the BTM is the new re-branded Yozza. KTEC would be a little loud for you I would have thought.

phase 1 flamer 172
ive fitted the k-tec stainless super quiet system, apparently not restrictive till about 220 bhp, so fine for na. very pleased with the sound, or lack of it. Previously had a btb which was too loud for me.