ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quicker when cold

2007 clio dynamique
Hi guys , so for a while now ive been thinking my car is abit sluggish when warm and is better when cold , when warm it just seems to loose abit of performance and on a 1.4 i cant afford to loose any more lol when its cold it pulls better and the small hesitation / misfire abit higher in the revs is not therr does anyone have any ideas ? thanks

53 Clio's & counting
Just checking, you do know you are supposed to let your car warm up before using high revs / full throttle?

Id get it plugged in and see if there are any fault codes

Astra (H) VXR
Colder air = better performance!

Or ate you talking about when the engine is cold? ie just started up?

Evo 5 RS
sigh,

cars are always quicker when cold as there is less heat soak. Cooler air = more power. If you've got some stupid open cone filter on it it'll be more noticeable

2007 clio dynamique
No cone airfilter or anything like that and yes dont worry i no not to go crazy when an engine is cold , and i should of explained i mean when just started not the temperature outside , it just seems to pull better when the engines cold , when plugged in i have a random cylinder misfire fault but i think this is from another problem with water in the plug holes