ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Steering - Car Trying To Stall

182 BG
Hi Guys,

Bit strange this, not sure if its just me!

I've found lately that when I steer from lock to lock quickly whilst moving slowly with the clutch down (trying get up a very small section of dropped kerb on a busy main road without smacking a tyre!), the car tries to stall, with the RPM dropping off enough to make the alternator/battery light flicker, but it always JUST manages to catch itself..

Is this normal? The fluid is the right level though its murky to say the least! Pump doesn't wine per see, but does make a bit of noise if I dry steer with the windows down..

Cheers

(oh, all belts done a couple of K ago by Diamond Motors)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
It's controlled via a sensor. Try a new one and see if it fixes it, otherwise replace the steering fluid with fresh.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I have had this once but never again. My pump makes a noise when steering (like a mini does) and my belts have been done very recently and it's happened since then. Could be the tension of the belts as they are new?

FF Clio 182
Not if the tensioner was changed with the belt as its auto controlled via a spring. Try changing the PAS switch. The switch tells the engine to raise the idle slightly to compensate for the extra drag on the engine from the pas pump