ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Question on removing Lower Inlet??

clio sport 172
What removing and refitting lower inlet, do i need to jack the engine up? And if so where is the best place to do it as i really don't want to crack my sump!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Not 100% sure but i dont think you meed to jack the engine last time i checked, you remove the front bolts and then one on the left hand side which goes in sideways. The one on the side is long so might be a tricky to remove if you have A/c

340i
It's very diffcult without jacking the engine slightly (you need to support the engine as you remove the main mount anyway!)

2005 Nissan Navara
I use an engine hoist, JUST fits under a car (std height) so you dont have to put it on stands.
Then remove the side mount and jack the hoist (attached to the cambelt side lifting eye) a couple of inches.

clio sport 172
Managed it without removing anything or jacking the engine up. I used a 16mm off-set ring spanner. Thanks for the replies anyway.

P.S..Only took 2 hours to figure it out tho....DOH