ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick question on a 182.

RB + LY 182 FF
on a 172 there is FF and cup version...
so what is there on a 182 trophy and cup is there a FF 182?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The cup is slightly lighter , havin' the dynamique interior :rasp:

Der Panzer
MRBILLYUK said:
The cup is slightly lighter , havin' the dynamique interior :rasp:

Not with my lard arse in the driver's seat it isn't. Still it's a racing car, unlike the FF 182 which is a poor man's MCS....

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Andy182Cup said:
Not with my lard arse in the driver's seat it isn't. Still it's a racing car, unlike the FF 182 which is a poor man's MCS....

Summers comin' , hear its gonna be a scorcher , hmmmmmmmmm air con ;)

Der Panzer
I think you'll find my 182 Cup has A/C.

Scortcher eh? Thank goodness there are no hose pipe bans up here, shoulld be able to keep my car nice and shiney too. :clown:

RB + LY 182 FF
so why would somone get a 182 cup instead of a FF 182. what are they gaining/losing? which hold their value more?
thanks

Der Panzer
The FF with Cup pack weighs more. It has a few extras that I honestly wouldn't mind, basically a better trim and steering wheel with xenon lights.

Cup is lighter feels more spartan. Seems lower for some reason, even although the stats say they're the same.

I think they're likely to depreciate at the same rate.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Agreed ^^^^

In either one you'll have equally as much fun , dump the astra ;)

Der Panzer
MRBILLYUK said:
^^^^ Agreed ^^^^

In either one you'll have equally as much fun , dump the astra ;)

Yeah, what he said. I came from a 94 Cavalier, 1.8 GL. Life changing experience. Do it.... in a Cup. :cool:

RB + LY 182 FF
the astra is a temp car,i sold my vtr 6 weeks ago,

i think i will be going for a 182 FF with cup packs tbh i see most of them for sale apposed to a 182 cup

so with a 9k budget i will be able to get a good clean low milage example??
cant wait,im getting my research done now,i only have to wait 6 more weeks lol

Der Panzer
I should worry too much about milage as age. These things take forever to loosen up, some guys are on 30K + and reckon they're still getting faster.

With that budget (Edit SP) you'll still have warrenty on whatever you buy for still some time so no major worries, just don't buy a "max power'd" NED -mobile.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My new 182's on 1300 miles , feels slow as f*ck compared to my old 172 which was on 47k .

If your going for ff 182 , look for cup packs as well , most seem to have em , agree with Andy182cup , don't touch a Maxpower mobile , go for standard :)

RB + LY 182 FF
lol i learned from having saxo's lol standard is the only way forward.
too many boy racers kitting up saxo and making a mess.
im just glad most 18yr old boy racers cant afford a 182 lol.
makes finding a clean example even easier.

RenaultSport clio 18
MRBILLYUK said:
My new 182's on 1300 miles , feels slow as f*ck compared to my old 172 which was on 47k .
:)

i no what u mean my ff182 with cup packs feels alot slower than my old ff172.but when i raced it from a standing start my 182 is slighty faster pulls more in the higher revs. wierd.....
(i sold the 172 to my mate buy the way)

MINI JCW
Andy182Cup said:

I heard the 182cup is for people who cant afford a full fat 182!

FF Arctic Blue 182
My mate has just got the cup and to be frank that interior is horrible! Feels like a £6k car interior IMO, nothing on the FF 182 interior.

FF Arctic Blue 182
For those of you ready with your "Yeah but it weighs less and that's what I want", doesn't it only save like 20kgs or somat?? What a waste of time; just get a FF, ditch the rear bench and go on a diet!

RenaultSport clio 18
ste_brough said:
For those of you ready with your "Yeah but it weighs less and that's what I want", doesn't it only save like 20kgs or somat?? What a waste of time; just get a FF, ditch the rear bench and go on a diet!
totaly agree mate makes f**k all difference to the performance what ever any1 says. i have raced cups and we r neck and neck all the time... get a full phat so much better.....

STEVE182CUP said:
Not everyone wants leather,had it in my rover 220 coupe turbo,hated it...

Thats fair enough, thats your view.

Dont forget though, that you dont actually sit on leather (getting all sweaty when its hot) the part you sit on is alcantara, only the sides are leather.

MINI JCW
The 182 list price was £14,700 (plus £225 for cup sus and £170 for cup spolier) total = £15,095

The 182cup list price was £13,800 which included both the cup packs, so there is a £1295 price difference.

Extra equipment on the full fat 182 is:

Climate control instead of AC
Half leather seats
Better Stereo (40w as opposed to 22w)
Xenon headlights with head lamp wash
Automatic lights
Rain sensor wipers
And a few other things such as 60:40 rear seat split, lateral airbags and rear headrest

So which one to get depends on whether you think the list of kit above is worth the £1295 price difference. I think it is more than worth it but others will disagree

RB + LY 182 FF
thanks for the info caddy!

its a FF182 im after, the alloys are also different arnt they?!

no aircon-- oh no i was expecting that!! - is the climate control better?? never had either lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Full fats have Climate control and Air con ! Silver alloys on a ff 182 , anthracite with cup pack .

106 GTi
Nat8701 said:

no aircon-- oh no i was expecting that!! - is the climate control better?? never had either lol

182 Cup Aircon is manual like standard heater type controls, Full Fat Climate control gives you a digital type display and control and is slightly more clever and allows you to pick the exact temp you want, both do the same thing in reality.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Who cares about the half leather seats?! They are no better than the dynamique ones anyway.
The Cup has everything I need and it was nothing to do with it being cheaper, the waiting list was an extra 2 months for a Full Fat when I got my cup! I also got a good deal at the time!
Oh yeah, and the Cup is faster ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
(all photo's borrowed from the site)

this is a standard full fat 182, note silver alloys, no blck plastic spoiler on the bottom of the front bumper.There suspension is he same as a 172 They also have a small boot spoiler, leather, climate control, and zenons. Note the washer jets on the front bumper

a_5.jpg

then you have a 182 cup, these come with darker alloys, have the black lower bumper spoiler, bigger boot spoiler, wider track (wheels stick out further lol) these loose the leather inside the car, plastic engine cover and zenon headlights (note black plastic covers on the bumper where the headlight washers should be)

a_605.jpg

where as this is a 182 (same as pic 1) ,but with cup packs, so this is a full fat like in picture 1, but with all the cup bits, (picture 2) sort of best of both worlds lol

a_318.jpg

then there is the limited edition 182 trophy. These are limited to 500, onnly come in this red colour. These are basically a 182 cup, bit have posh recaro bucket seats, oz turini alloys, and very trick sachs suspenion

a_150.jpg

thats the basic looks of the car, couldn't find a good 182 cup pic. so people, feel free to add some lol, and correct me if i've missed anything!!

MINI JCW
Nat8701 said:

climate control is better because you actually set the exact temp you want

MINI JCW
Munday said:
Who cares about the half leather seats?! They are no better than the dynamique ones anyway.
The Cup has everything I need and it was nothing to do with it being cheaper, the waiting list was an extra 2 months for a Full Fat when I got my cup! I also got a good deal at the time!

Yeah I agree, all things equal then the cup is slightly faster. Renault claim 0.2 secs to 62mph difference but I very much doubt it as 15-20kg is not enough of a weight reduction to make that much difference. bear in mind that Renault only claimed a 0.3secs reduction to 62 between the 172 and the 172cup and the difference in weights was about 80kg.

I reckon the 182cup would be about 0.1 secs faster to 100 than a full fat 182, assuming the engines were producing the same power, same amount of fuel, same driver etc.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Munday said:

Yeah but the cup actually does have dynamique seats ,lol :dead:

Thye are the same seats with a different trim. They feel the same when you're nailing a good B-road, which is where I'll be driving, not looking over at my passemger seat.