ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question about manifold-cat gasket and sealant

Looking for 182
Hi all,

My exhaust is blowing slightly (I think) and I want to fix it.

I recently resealed (and put a new clamp) on the cat-cat back join, and I also recently fitted a new gasket/bolts to the manifold-cat join. However I did not use sealant on the manifold-cat bit.

1. Should I have done?
2. Can I use sealant there?

Spanks.

Laguna sport tourer
i have the exact same problem after fitting the n w performance one. does anyone know if the renault one is any better?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Every exhaust i've had on my 172/182 has leaked, i've given up lol.

Westfield
Mine also leaks when cold, but once the ss exhaust heats up it will expand and unless you got major blows the leaks will stop.

Dodgy one
use genuine kits

+1 Follow the mans advice,

I fitted an NW one when i got my Milltek almost two years back now, It blew straight from the word go more so than the old one, Within a week of faffing with it at work i had gone to Renault and got a genuine one.

Couple of months back, after i had the cat back on i fitted a new one at the same time, Thinking NW might have changed their suplier, Nope did the same, So had a trip to Renault again.

I seem to recall Renault are £30 for them, but they work its fit and forget.

When i looked at the NW one compared to standard it didnt fit into the cat as far as the Renault one does therefore doesnt create as good a seal the shape seems to be off a bit too.