ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Qu: K-tec stealth standard and supersport visible difference?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've got the recessed Supersport on mine.
Although I haven't been under the car in ages so I'm not 100% sure, I believe the Supersport has no centre section. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody?

The Supersport one sticks out the back of the car. It's designed to sit in a recess that has been cut out of the bumper (dunno if they can be fitted to sit below the bumper or not?). The stealth one is hidden beneath the car like the standard exhaust, so if it's fitted properly you don't see the tailpipe.

320d
No visible differences between supersport and standard apart from a silencer under the car which would would have to lie under the car to see. The only difference is whether you choose stealth or recessed, then obviously its whether the backbox is visible or not.

Sean from ktec advised me when I bought my stealth that with the stealth because the exhaust gasses point downwards it causes more boom. He therefore recommended to me that I go for the standard system, he said if I wanted a recessed then he wouldn't hesitate to recommend the supersports.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I can't recommend the Supersports enough TBH. I love mine, sounds awesome.
Can't wait to hear my exhaust tone in a couple of weeks time when the car's been "breathed on".

172 (sold), Elise,
I've explained myself badly - I'm actually after the visible difference between the stealth versions of the standard and the stealth version of the supersport.

I think the answer (as above) is that the supersport has no rear silencer box - just a straight pipe - I found a picture of one on the classifieds.

Interesting point about the downwards pointing pipe being boomyer.

I'm still undecided on whether I like the visible exhaust or not.

Its a real nause not being able to hear/see them in action

Nissan 350z
da murphster.

I recently bought the visable recessed exhaust from Ktec and i paid the extra for the standard system rather than the cheaper "super sport" system. Unfortunately i have nothing to compare with due to never hearing a super sport.

All i can say is this new standard Ktec system is actually quieter than my shagged standard system that came off. Its less boomy!

I am very impressed and i would recommend this to anyone to pay the little extra if you are concerned about how noisy it may be.