ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick power gains

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hello i need more power and i dont want nitrous

and i need to be quick to fit and quite good

hill power will be doing an induction kit for my car but not for a while

any ideas?

You need more power?

How about better suspension, big brakes, beefier anti roll bar etc etc..it makes more sense for a FWD

Nope but an obvious place to start for replacing the valver one is getting the williams ones..if theyre any bigger? Might be ask worth asking BenR or someone else who has extensive knowledge of every working thing in clios!

I might get a 172 anti roll bar for my 1.2..to be worthy of the extreme name! lol

Suzuki SV1000S

I have a 1.2 16v sport and I have a pipercross relocation and induction kit from K-tec racing(easy to fit). And a Straight through centre exit exhaust system which made a massive difference(also from k-tec racing). I am thinking of have a 5 gt turbo engine transplant from grey devil industries. Andy cutler has done it before and says the speed is unbeleivable but v. expensive

Like lots of bits, the ARB on the 16v and the Willy is the same.

Anyway, take a big turd and lose the spare wheel!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

might ask van akien to to me a turbo conversion

they do it for the 60bhp 8v version of our engine so it cant be that hard

it was in pgti

How much power did it give?

Turbo Technics would do the same im sure.

Ive never seen pgti, do i live in some kind of third dimension? Do they have a website?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

about 85-90 bhp (from 60!!)

so thats like 105-110 for our engines

and its running very low boost

dunno what the compression ratio is of our engines might be too high

I think it would be ok. So thats like 1.6 performance? Its interesting but i cant afford not to have my warranty, let alone the insurance! I guess its the same turbo they use on the ford ka?

Im on their website, they seem to use the same turbo for all cars, with about 30bhp and 30 foot pounds of torque. They do cinquentos with 85bhp, from 54bhp!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

might give em a go or its off to gmc to get it supercharged

(maybe)

or i might buy a cup tomorrow

(without wantin to start a big debate!!)

why dont you like superchargers rob?

actually, youve just reminded me of a crazy micra import car that someone i used to know got in from japan (the old style micra). it was a 988cc engine with a turbo and supercharger in - i didnt believe him until i saw it, apparently only 6 in the UK. its called the nissan march turbo i think, and this was faaaaaaaaaast. and very crazy.

The only thing is the noise actually, my dad had an XKR which made the most annoying whine. THe cooper s is supposed to sound like a car in reverse!

The micra sounds like quite a beast, the lancia rally car did the same. In the days of huge lag it was very useful to use a supercharge in conjunction with a turbo. Must be hard to do/design though, the japs like a challenge though!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Rob

ok i had a good job - got made redundant needed a cheapish car got

1.216v

now i have a great job company car in august but im bored of the 1.2

so may get a cup until august and sell it then

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the micra had 74 bhp from 998 (restricted you could tune them to 120bhp easy)

Performance Data (March Super Turbo, factory specifications)

Power to weight ratio
142 BHP/Ton

Top speed
Limited to 180 Kph (112 Mph)

0-62 MPH (100 KPH)
7.7 seconds

Quater mile time
15.5 Seconds