ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QUICK HELP!! HU REMOVAL

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Im off home to fit my new head unit in my 172 - how do i get the old one out??

Pete

stop at halfords and get a removal tool.... about £4.

its a bit of wire bent in half making 2 prongs. You will get 2 of them in the pack.

Put the prongs in the holes in the head unit either side, feel it click in place and pull.

/Dan.

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 06 July 2005

i have no time to go - is there no other way??
make your own tool... which will take a lot longer than spending 2 minutes in Halfords.

Lee

BMW M2C

You could use a couple of coat hangers, but the tools have a small notch in them to assist pulling it out.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

cheers guys - Halfrauds is a bit away from me and by the time i get in from work i wont have time, ill give it a whirl!

Lee

BMW M2C

You are as impatient as me by the sound of things. I was practicaly fitting mine on the car park!! Tomorrow the leads to allow me to use the display and stalk controls is arriving so I reckon Ill fit that at lunch. lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Coat hanger works just as well

or a small flat blade screwdrive. Poke it in all the holes and u will hear it "click" forwards

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

out in 2 mins with four allen keys!! lol

Thats me Lee - im not one to wait and i dislike halfords that id preffer not to visit it!

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDude on 06 July 2005
I got mine out with four cocktail sticks lol!

Metal coat hanger cut into 4 lengths myself.