ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Detailers CG .v. PB & CK

RS Clio 200
anyone use the chemical guys QD's?

I usually use poorboys spray n wipe followed by clearkote quick shine.... im thinkin about getting the chemical guys Anti Static Speed Wipe and the Synthetic Quick Detailer for a change.

Any opinions on the CG stuff?

Mito Sportiva 135
anyone use the chemical guys QD's?

I usually use poorboys spray n wipe followed by clearkote quick shine.... im thinkin about getting the chemical guys Anti Static Speed Wipe and the Synthetic Quick Detailer for a change.

Any opinions on the CG stuff?

I have Synthetic Detailer and Speed Wipe. Speed Wipe is really good but, despite it's name, I would say takes longer to buff off than the Synthetic. Synthetic has a wetter look than the Speed Wipe, but this has a deeper look to it and probably provides more protection.

106 GTi
I have both the CG Speed Wipe, the CG Synthetic Detailer as well as the CG Detailer Plus Carnuba.

I also have the Quickshine and the Poorboys Spray and Wipe.

Looks wise I can see nothing between any of them on my car all take on the look of the product below it.

I only use the Spray and Wipe or Detailer Plus Carnuba on my car when it is lightly dusty and not warrenting a whole wash, all the others I use as for normal QDing after a wash, or after applying a layer of wax etc.

Both the CG Speed Wipe and the CG Synthetic Detailer are not as user friendly as the Quickshine. All the Chemical Guys ones streak slightly on Black, but you should be fine as I cant see this on my silver car.

To the touch they all leave paintwork slick, the Speed Wipe has wax in it so leaves a different feel to the others. The Synthetic Detailer and Quikshine both leave a slicker non waxy type feel. The Speed Wipe and Synthetic Detailer are both meant to be anti static, the Speed Wipe seems no different to any other QD's but the Synthetic Detailer works well. I used it on my car for the trip to FCS last year and it worked well.

I tend use all 3 depending on what use I need,

Synthetic Detailer - Before Journeys that I want to keep the car dust free.

Speed Wipe - When I have no time to add another layer of wax, and on Non Swissvax or Zymol Carnuba finishes that lose there luster after a wash.

Quickshine - My go to QD to use after a wash, when the car has been stood in the garage for a peroid of time, at a shows etc. Love it as it is streak free on Black and can be used on Glass including the front screen and acts as a water repellant. If I had to own just one it would be this.