ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick CSS Question

After posting various posts about CSS, ive finally decided to learn it just reading over notes etc.. Ive got an external stylesheet which is got a header, left column and right column (main content goes here)

But now im doing a new page, im linking to it externally, but how do use HTML to tell the computer the text im typing is to go in that section?

a snippet of code from my external css sheet is:

<div id="contentcolumn">
<div class="innertube"><b>Content Column: <em>Fixed</em></b></div>
</div>

Cheers

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
hello mate.

the code you posted is HTML not CSS. The ID and Class names are used in the HTML (as you have done) and they relate to an external CSS file which holds their properties and then tell the HTML what do display!

Are you trying to create a link to another page on your site? If so and its a simple text link then you need something like this:

Code:
<a href="page2.html">Link 1</a>
if the page is on the same domain at the same file level then you can just use the page name instead of the whole 'http://www' address.

Last edited:
Hey,

What I mean is im on a new html page, and im typing text, but I want it to know that the text im typing is to go into the content column so that its font changes to how I set it up in the stylesheet (sorry its hard to explain! :S )

basically got a page,

it has links on it, how do I get it that when they click a link, it loads the page I want into the "content" section on the same page? (in css)

Cheers