ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Quick" Clean...

Mito Sportiva 135
I went outside about lunch time today to give my old man's Boxster S a quick shampoo and QD, but 7 hours later I have return, after ending up claying, PC polish with AG SRP, wheels and tyres, windows... you get the picture!

Annoying thing is I will probably end up spending the same amount of time tomorrow doing the sealant and a wax! Will get some photos up though as it is looking stunning already.

Silver really is the way to go... so much easier than black to work on and in the sunshine the flake does really come out.

megane
my dad wants me to do his boxster s, but im not touckin it til i get the keys for a week wen he goes away, i am insured thru my insurance so i cant c the problem lol

Mito Sportiva 135
I was thinking that too! Surely I am insured on it as I have my own policy fully comp? Or do I still need to inform them?

Seems only fair for working free of charge for about 12 hours when it is all done... and it was pretty mint before I even got started!

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, a few photos of the detail.

As I said, a wash using CG Extreme Wash n Wax, and was just going to go into the machine polish using SRP but lots of micro-contamination such as tar and tree sap so I gave it a quick clay first.

After the SRP I gave it a layer of CG Wet Mirror Finish as I have not used it on a silver car yet and really made an impact - I would recommend trying it. On top of that I went for the traditional EGP although only put one layer on as had the WMF underneath, and topped off with Collinites 476.

On the wheels I used the same products, tyres I used Blackfire gel and a layer of CG New Look Vinyl. All arches cleaned with AG Engine and Machine Cleaner and protected with AG Vinyl Bumper Dressing.

Inside was tidy already but I used CG Silk Shine on plastics and Gliptone leather conditioner - love this stuff, smells brilliant too.

Autosol, AG Engine and Machine and some SRP on the exhaust. AG Window Cleaner on the windows (obviously!).

A very satisfying detail and the Porsche paint just comes up so well - not to mention the car itself looks sexual.

p.s. no hairdressers comments please! ;)

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
was that a blue rinse and blow dry u give it then lol. sorry i had to get the jibe in now that u said it ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
was that a blue rinse and blow dry u give it then lol. sorry i had to get the jibe in now that u said it ;)

Ha yes very funny smart guy! ;)

Yeah the wheels are nice, but the tyres are stupidly expensive. My dad had 2 new rears fitted on Monday, came to over £360 :dead:

I am sure he doesn't mind.. it is only my inheritance after all lol!

A couple more:

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00388-1.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

Last edited:
  megane
very nice that.

i still call me dads 'that waste of evo money ' though lol

an he only uses his at weekends, o well
u only go thru 1 mid life crisis lol

Mito Sportiva 135
Ha... it is perfectly fast enough for my Dad's needs and it handles AMAZINGLY well, not just for a softop but against some really serious competition, it is absolutely glued to the road and even when it comes out its great to handle.

My Dad uses it every day so wanted something that held its value well, although he normally changes every couple of years to keep the car in waranty.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I was thinking that too! Surely I am insured on it as I have my own policy fully comp? Or do I still need to inform them?

not the case, im fully comp and always have been, however im only insured to drive MY car, not anyone elses

Mito Sportiva 135

not the case, im fully comp and always have been, however im only insured to drive MY car, not anyone elses

Bitching. Oh well... there is always the excuse that I had to move it on the drive... for 20 odd miles ;)

Cheers for the comments.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I know mate! I realised the other day when I exceeded my 5 per day limit on the old General Chat board...although pretty much only post on a couple of boards.

Expect more controversial and high brow entertainment for the next year then... ;)