ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions on a 182 rep

I have acquired the front wings and front bumper to install this weekend. Only issues are the wheel arches - would my standard DCI ones fit, or do I need to order the 182 ones because they're flared wings?

Second question - I have the xenon projector lamps but will use my own ballast and ignitor kit (not the one that comes pre-fitted). What size bulbs are they, presuming they are H7 that fit in the lamps?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You need the front wings/arches, front bumper, arch liners (front and rear)*, rear bumper and a replica exhaust to make a 182 replica.

I can't help with the bulbs though

*i didn't bother with the larger arch liners. I cut my front ones out to accommodate teh lowz to be honest.

I was initially going to consider a 182 but it's cheaper to do a 172 as I won't have to fork out £500 for the modified exhaust. I suspect the 172 has the same front setup as 182? I don't know if the 172 rear bumper is much different to the DCI, but I don't think it can be very expensive - unless that needs new rear arch liners too.

You cut out your old ones, did it sit correctly/safely?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was initially going to consider a 182 but it's cheaper to do a 172 as I won't have to fork out £500 for the modified exhaust. I suspect the 172 has the same front setup as 182? I don't know if the 172 rear bumper is much different to the DCI, but I don't think it can be very expensive - unless that needs new rear arch liners too.

You cut out your old ones, did it sit correctly/safely?

They're the exact same parts bar the exhaust cut outs.

The rear bumper is wider than the standard one so requires larger arch liners.

But I just left my standard ones in, iirc there was around an inch worth of gap at the very bottom.

Yeah, it was fine. It was melting/rubbing on the wheel when turning so I chopped them out

Won't the headlight and other things be exposed if the front one is missing? I'm on the lookout for a pair on eBay but I won't get it in time for my EU trip which is concerning in case its wet etc.