ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question..

hopefully a clio in april
hey, new to the forum and still coming to terms with all the..terms? :cool:

whats all this 172
197 business?..

cheers Hannah B

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The higher the number the slower the car . I think that's how it works anyway ;)

Welcome to Cliosport :)

172 cup
Ahh right thanks! I'm looking at getting a clio so any tips etc would be great, thanks HB

What type of clio are you looking at getting?

When I got mine and joined here I was rather confused as their is a ClioSport which is the 2.0 then you have your normal/typical clio's like your 1.2's,1.4's & 1.6's.

172 cup
I'll be looking at 1.4 due to insurance etc..spend about £3.5k??

You should get a good un for that.

Mine is a 1.2 Mk2 Phase 1 and its a sport (not to be confused with the Cliosports though)

Heres a pic, cost me £2700

000_0007.jpg

Black 197
The 172, 182, 197 is the power output from the 2.0 sport models. The higher the number the more power the car has. More power though some will tell you does not equal a faster car! to put it into perspective, if you are looking at the 1.4 engines the power output will either be 75 or 98(16valve) Good luck searching

Black 197
sorry.... i was trying to put it into comparison with something else.....i'd estimate £1500-£2000 for a good spray job.

172 cup
Thats rather cheap, cheaper than what I paid for mind and mine is more mileage and a 2001 reg :S

LY 182
It'd probably cost you a years insurance premuim on a monaco blue 172 clio

I'm lost. I just meant how much would it cost to get the car sprayed Monaco Blue?..
hes saying that getting your 1.4 resprayed in the colour you want will cost you the same amount or more than paying for a years insurance on a proper monaco blue 172 sport,,, and i tend to agree to be honest.

Hyundai i40
IMO best all rounder 172 cup but im bias as I have one

dont confuse her....

hello and welcome......the 1.4 16v engine is pretty nippy for wot it is.

def go for a dynamic, more stuff for ya money

im sure ull soon learn once uve been on here for a while