ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about brakefluid replacement

Clio 172 ff
Hi there,

I got new brake discs and pads fitted to my 172ff last sunday. Along with that, we changed the brake fluid (went to ATE Super Blue Racing). Now, I know that the 172 needs half a litre of brake fluid, but supposedly, 1 litre minimum is needed for replacement as you loose a lot during bleeding.

Funny thing is, we only used up half a 1-litre-can of the ATE stuff. Afaik, we've done everything as supposed to. Started bleeding at the brake furthest away and worked our way through to the front left. I pumped the pedal each time till the new blue fluid came through (you could tell very well, due to the fact that the old stuff was a darkish yellow/brownish colour) and in the end topped up the brake fluid tank.

But I'm a little confused now. Did we not bleed it long enough? I mean, once the new fluid comes through, it should be fine, shouldn't it?

Thanks,

Linsen

Clio 172 Cup
As long as new fluid has come through bubble free then it is fine. I put new pads, discs, hoses and fluid in mine last week and used about 3/4's a litre, but I lost quite a bit of fluid due to changing the hoses.