ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question About Accompanying Learners

BMW 323i Coupe
I've had my licence for 3 years, and I'm 21, so I qualify to be able to accompany a learner driver in my car for extra help, so I had a look on the internet just to make sure and found this.

The Law!
The Accompanying Driver has to be over 21, have had a full licence for 3 years and must not be paid for it either in cash or in kind unless he or she is a Qualified Instructor. Also you need to ensure that the car is Insured for the Learner to drive.

What does it mean by ensuring the car is insured for the learner to drive? Does that mean they have to be on the actual policy itself?

Clio disscussion?

Means the learner driver has to have a policy on the car or be a named driver on the car.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
It means the learner should have insurance to drive your car, just like you do. Simple

BMW 323i Coupe
Asked for a quote and my premium would go up £30 a month.

Asked to change my status from student to full time worker, and it's costing me £30 for changing it, wish I hadn't bothered mentioning that now. :(

BMW 323i Coupe
Tbh occupation is something that is easy to forget untill renewal time.

I was a student at the time of taking the policy out, hadn't thought about changing it though until I rang them and realised it. Wished I hadn't bothered with my renewal not that long away.

Formally Clio 182
Can you be 21 and have a license for 3+ years and accompany a learner driver in their own car, or does it have to be yours with their name on the insurance as well?

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
just in their own car you do not need to be insured on the car, just as long as the driver is insured.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Another little point about accompanying a learner, please don't think you can get pissed and let him/her drive you home as you are technically in charge of the car and therefore you will get charged with drink driving. I know ur probably smarter than this but just a warning in case anyone thinks they can.

C63 AMG
Another little point about accompanying a learner, please don't think you can get pissed and let him/her drive you home as you are technically in charge of the car and therefore you will get charged with drink driving. I know ur probably smarter than this but just a warning in case anyone thinks they can.

In the UK or Switzerland?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
s**t, didn't actually think of that! That situation would never come up for me but mind blown.