ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Queries about my new purchase

172 Cup

Hi there. Ive recently bought a Clio 172 cup on a 52 plate with 22000 miles. Its such a Raw car, brilliant to drive. But ive got some questions if anyone can answer?

Firstly do all the 172 Cups idle quite roughly on startup? Also do they benefit from frequent oil changes? Just would like some tips on how to look after the engine and components. If possible can someone explain the cars steering system? Is is hydro-electric? When driving on the motor it becomes quite light and twitchy so im purely curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

VaVa

Yup, idle is poxy on all RSs.

All cars benefit from frequent oil changes.

Steering is hydraulic iirc. The Cups are quite twitchy as standard.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 September 2005 at 7:19pm]

172 Cup

Thats good piece of mind mate, thanks. I know all cars benefit from oil changes, i just meant in between service schedules. I know renault have good engine technology. Just want to protect it. Fully synthetic all they way !

Andrew

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

All F4R engines idle fairly lumpy due to crappy emission regs. Try running a car with non-oe cams. then you will know lumpy.:devilish: I change my 172s oil every 6k and oil and filter every 12k, but mine gets driven hard plus im going to the Nurburgring soon so i had an early change.

All RSs have hydraulic power steering as opposed to non-RSs electric set-up iirc.

Get some H&R or LEDA coilovers on that Cup and go out hunting.

hope youre happy with it.

--chris

RB182cup&golf gti

regarding oil changes it depends how long you intend keeping the car and how you drive it - oil is designed to work hard and last so their service intervals are fine and if you only intend keeping it a few years id stick to their schedule