ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting the car in the garage when wet

A mate of mine once told me that putting a car in the garage when its wet can do more harm than good. I guess its because the amibient air wont dry the car as effectively in the garage when it stops raining??

I cant see the problem if its wet as its raining, you then put it in the garage and it carries on raining, its better to be under cover?!

LY 200
Sheeeeeet if thats the case then mines gonna be fucked........It spends a good 5/6 days a week sat in the garage!!!

I thought you shouldnt use a car cover if your car was wet?
Surely a garage will have enough air to circulate around the car, whereas the cover is quite tight on the paintwork

Clio 172 mk2
Nonsense

My car spends 5/6 days a week in the garage as well without any problems.

I can definately see problems arising with the use of car covers though not alowing condensation to evaporate

106 GTi
You should not use a car cover while the car is wet, and it is not ideal to put a wet car into a heated garage.

Driving home in the rain and putting it into a normal garage is fine. Problems can arise in the winter if the car is covered in water and salt, you get home and put it into a warm heated garage which speeds up the salt reacting with things.

I try and make sure my car is pretty dry before it goes away but this is not always possible.

LY 200
Nonsense

My car spends 5/6 days a week in the garage as well without any problems.

I can definately see problems arising with the use of car covers though not alowing condensation to evaporate

Lol, i did think nonsence too mate.

My cars much more safe in there than outside with all the pigeons, seagulls, rain, snow and scrotes that scale the streets at night!!!

My cars covered over most of the time (its parked in front of the garage, as it won't fit in it)
I've never covered it over when its wet,nor have I covered it over after what I consider to be dirty (I have pretty high standards & dont do dirty cars) I only really use it on the weekends so its not really a problem.

Mito Sportiva 135
Think the "concours champion" has his garage at a precise heat and humidity for his cars, but his probably have more natural materials like (decent) leather and wood.

We are all losers, one and all!

106 GTi
Think the "concours champion" has his garage at a precise heat and humidity for his cars, but his probably have more natural materials like (decent) leather and wood.

We are all losers, one and all!

Bet he never has the problem of needing to put his car in the garage wet though!

Mito Sportiva 135
He probably never drives the thing to be honest! As far as I am concerned, I love driving first and foremost. I much prefer driving a pristine car than a dirty one, but try to remember its just a car. Although the OCD often gets in the way....