ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting standard springs on the rear with lowered fronts..

RS Clio 182
Hi - my 182 just failed its MOT with a crack in the rear spring among other things. Its currently on Eibach Sportlines - i cant really afford to replace all 4 Eibachs atm - is it ok to put standard springs on the rear - is this a common thing to do?

Will the car look odd and how will the handling change?

182 ff
Hi - my 182 just failed its MOT with a crack in the rear spring among other things. Its currently on Eibach Sportlines - i cant really afford to replace all 4 Eibachs atm - is it ok to put standard springs on the rear - is this a common thing to do?

Will the car look odd and how will the handling change?

how old are the eibach spings? is they are less than 5 years old,and you can prove you bought them..might be able get a replacement for free..

ph2 172
I have Eibach pro's on the front and standard on the back, as I prefer the handling that way.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It'll be fine, the best mine ever handled was when I had sportlines on the front and H&R coilovers on the back while the fronts were being refurbed!
I left it like for 6 months!

RS Clio 182
Was the standard springs for a non RS clio the same as a standard 182? They have fitted standard ones and they do look pretty high...