ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting in new head unit

FF 182
Alright guys this is probably thee most stupid question going but Ive ordered my self a new head unit
pioneer-deh-x6500dab.

what I'm wanting to know is will this fit straight in. Or will I need a new lead of some sort to go with the head unit.

i understand you do if you are wanting the steering wheel controls to work. But for now I'm not too fussed about it to be fair I just want my under seat sub installed and the head unit.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mickel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It will fit straight in. You may or may not need a male/female aerial adaptor but they're £2 on ebay.

FF 182
Top man, cheers Dan.

I went from corsas before had the 1.6 sports 1.6 gsi rep. Which you needed a adapter. This is a really an unknown area for me now being a French owner now. Does it clip straight in then. Just had quick look pal, found for 99p Barry bargin. Thanks for your advice matey, really goes a long way.

still feel like a newbie not even had mine a year yet but have a few plans for him now.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You still need to buy a wire adapter, it may come with it though, my Alpine did. if no wires supplied you'll just need the standard ISO connector to Renault thing, with that in mind you'll may as well spend the extra £20 on a patch lead and wire for steering controls and then have the battles of squashing it all in.

Clio 182
better off with the x8500, mind youll need a dab antenna also, best with autoleads glass film one, then a-pillar off to fit

FF 182
better off with the x8500, mind youll need a dab antenna also, best with autoleads glass film one, then a-pillar off to fit

Would uou be able to explain this In a bit more detail buddy
Thanks for the post and help though guys.

Clio 182
x8500 has bluetooth, minimal price diff for units.

dab radios require dab antennas, most manufacturers dont supply them with radio, so you need to buy one. and the best one from my experience is the autoleads glass film antenna. which is to be mounted on windscreen but removing a-pillar. this will also require ignition feed but can be picked up easily behind hu (red, or blue)

clio mk2 1.2
I brought the same head unit as this fits straight in mate, the wiring loom you get with the head unit plugs straight into the iso leads no probs pal