ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

putting air filter back to standard (ph2 172)

bought a standard 172 airbox its currently got a k+n cone on from purchase the airbox i have bought has a caf with it that goes on the bottom of the box but nothing for the hole on the right? do i need one there ? not too sure where this tube out the bottom goes either , very inexperienced in this kind of thing, help?!

:rasp:

2003 Clio 172
Hole on the bottom has a pipe that goes under the box and ends just left of the passenger headlight, you can see the hole there.

The hold on the right of the box goes way down behind the bumper on the passenger side to the choker, sorry, to the "acoustic valve"

hope that helps

Jj

2003 Clio 172
I will be oiking my "Acoustic Valve" out myself, i prefer a bit of snort with my pedal

:D

just fitted it, whata pain, absolutly no room in there atall, looked like there was screws either end on top side of box to hook it to something iv just clapped it to engine thats it cant wobble anywhere theres no room lol?

2003 Clio 172
Well, I agree with Stu, there was a bit of tomfoolery to get the airbox back in after taking it out.

Was yours a 172 or 82?

Not that there is much difference im sure

Jj

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
172. I bought it with some piece of s**t induction cone and a blue imitation Samco bend. It was tight, that is what I mean, I didn't bother clamping mine in too much, just sat it in the bay.

None
The Acoustic valve is a waste of piping, something to do with EU noise regulations i think, apparently car manufacturers have to abide by certain rules regardless of what is best for your car :rasp: