ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

putting a turbo on an enegy 1.4

Mazda MX5 1.8
i can almost hear the gearbox imploding already lol

really a waste of money when there is a GTT which is built to take turbo pressure and is a 1.4 too

J

Jim NM

waste of money ??
so if you get given a free car aka a clio 1.4 energy
and have a spre turbo or two
and all the gaskets to take the engine apart and rebuild

i ask you would it know seem like a waste of money
;)

J

Jim NM

i can tell all . that the person thats doing the convertion . has put a blowr on a 1390cc campus 5 engine and is running 13.7 1/4 mile sqm's

I am talking about the old campus

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I honestly don't think its worth spending time/effort over a 14 second quarter mile motor mate.

J

Jim NM

I thought that 14 sec qtr mile was quick especially from a 1.4 I know that r5 turbos have gone well under this by as much as 3 secs (not what you'd call std though)

you'll need a lot more than a turbo and a few gaskets mate

injectors, standalone ECU (emerald dta omex etc), 2bar map sensor plumbing into the inlet/changing if there already is one, custom manifold, custom downpipe, inetercooler, piping, oil take off, water take off, oil cooler, etc etc

for what... 182 pace?

just get a 172 for 4k?

J

Jim NM

i can tell all . that the person thats doing the convertion . has put a blowr on a 1390cc campus 5 engine and is running 13.7 1/4 mile sqm's

I am talking about the old campus

and the CAMPARSE as it is known has done loads of clio16v . and i think it's also dune a few willys as well:lolup:

1.8 8v RSi
do it mate.....if not spend the money on doing the conversion for me:D as i have the same engine....hehe.....i'll look forward to seeing the end result...don't listen to the negative things on here i think its a good idea....even if u do have 172 pace from the conversion then thats good enough.....would make a great sleeper

J

Jim NM

For the price i would buy a faster car.
so lets sum up the bhp per pound

free clio free gaskets free turbo

built on a budget like the camparse

think that works out at about 1000 bhp per £
:lolup:

:star:

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ah well if its all costing nothing then go for it still be alot of work though i should think unless you know how to do it yourself.

J

Jim NM

do it mate.....if not spend the money on doing the conversion for me:D as i have the same engine....hehe.....i'll look forward to seeing the end result...don't listen to the negative things on here i think its a good idea....even if u do have 172 pace from the conversion then thats good enough.....would make a great sleeper

that wots good about wot i wonna do . it aint about the money its about the fun
:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :D

1.8 8v RSi
exactly....fun.....and if its reliable when done i'll have it off you for free........as it all costs u nothing:rasp: hehe.....as someone said....do a progress thread with lots of pics

these are injection engines i take it?

free clio free gaskets free turbo

bigger injectors (100 quid)
standalone ECU (emerald dta omex etc) 600 + 100 for loom + 400 mapping fee
2bar map sensor (40quid?) plumbing into the inlet/changing if there already is one,
custom manifold about (800 quid for a tubular stainless one) or you could try and bodge a flange onto the standard cast manifold?
custom downpipe, 100 from a powerflow place
intercooler, 300?
piping 200?
oil take off, and braided oil lines (30?)
water take off
oil cooler 150?

etc etc

S2000
When I first read the title I was about to reply and say don't bother as its not worth it, but as its for a bit of fun (and something I would quite like to see done) then I would say go for it. Ask over on retro-renault.co.uk and chris_h over there will basically be able to tell you about exactly what would be needed, what cars it can be taken from etc etc (the man is like an encyclopedia when it comes to older renaults, lol.)

J

Jim NM

well i spose i better come clean before i drop me ole mate in the pooo

jim is a dam good friend of mine .
and i just dont wonna take this to far before it all kicks of

jim has alowed me to log on as him
this may be against your rules . but he is trying to get me on this site. so please dont go slamming jim for trying.

some of you may have heard about me from www.rtoc.org on that site im known as THE MASTER
although im gonna stay true to the rtoc . i do have a clio 1.4 e that im gonna put a blower on. engine gonna come out and get lower compretion etc blah blah. its gonna be fun and done as cheap as poss.

ive converted a campus for silly money and it does do 13's and also converts to a whicked track car http://www.trackphoto.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7804_8043_8054

sorry if ive caused any probs for jim it wasnt his fault
:)

S2000
well i spose i better come clean before i drop me ole mate in the pooo

jim is a dam good friend of mine .
and i just dont wonna take this to far before it all kicks of

jim has alowed me to log on as him
this may be against your rules . but he is trying to get me on this site. so please dont go slamming jim for trying.

some of you may have heard about me from www.rtoc.org on that site im known as THE MASTER
although im gonna stay true to the rtoc . i do have a clio 1.4 e that im gonna put a blower on. engine gonna come out and get lower compretion etc blah blah. its gonna be fun and done as cheap as poss.

ive converted a campus for silly money and it does do 13's and also converts to a whicked track car http://www.trackphoto.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7804_8043_8054

sorry if ive caused any probs for jim it wasnt his fault
:)

Nice one, keep us updated with whats going on. I've actually seen it suggested a few time on some forums but usually the suggestion is shot down.

1.8 8v RSi
i dont care who you are as long as this gets done and we get updated........i'm lookin forward to it

clio rsi and r5 gtx
Still gonna cost a bit though surely as you will need better brakes and a bottom end rebuild to make sure its all upto handling the power increase. and then you will need suspension upgrades. If you have all that already or can get it free then go for it but this will cost serious money i bet.

Good luck

Steve

Renault Clio Williams
and the CAMPARSE as it is known has done loads of clio16v . and i think it's also dune a few willys as well:lolup:[/quote]

is that a joke?

bigger injectors (100 quid)
standalone ECU (emerald dta omex etc) 600 + 100 for loom + 400 mapping fee
2bar map sensor (40quid?) plumbing into the inlet/changing if there already is one,
custom manifold about (800 quid for a tubular stainless one) or you could try and bodge a flange onto the standard cast manifold?
custom downpipe, 100 from a powerflow place
intercooler, 300?
piping 200?
oil take off, and braided oil lines (30?)
water take off
Stock can be remapped although not ideal but still cheaper.
Forget the oil cooler use better oil and oil temp gauage sand see what happening.

A few of those parts could be got second hand for a scrappie cheap.

i do have a clio 1.4 e that im gonna put a blower on. engine gonna come out and get lower compretion etc blah blah. its gonna be fun and done as cheap as poss.
WHy lower the CR unless your going for massive boost even then go for water injectiomn/intercooler etc instead.

i can almost hear the gearbox imploding already lol

really a waste of money when there is a GTT which is built to take turbo pressure and is a 1.4 too

the five gtt was about as unreliable as john prescott.

Only as people were stupid and wacked the boost up and treathed them badly. There reliable if done right after all Rewnault did use them for some quick rally cars relaibleity at high HP.

As for the box its quite ok realy depends on abuse plus a stock ones old so you don't know the abuse its hard. If they made brand new ones today still you'd know they were reliable.

GT isn't built to be turned it just happnes to have the pipes and lower CR.

Its a good idea IMO good fun but not cost effective for the effort realy but still what is effective these days hope you enjoy yourself.