ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport top mounts

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
On that subject, is it worth buying the strut brace as a package?
Are front braces really that noticeable on the Clio's, or just an outlay for no real benefit?

Although I'm happy to buy one if it genuinely warrants it, im just not bothered about buying one just so it looks good under the bonnet.

Cheers :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My plan is to buy the full kit so I can't speak from direct experience but ffrom what I gather the only strut brace that is worth anything at all is the pure one

On that subject, is it worth buying the strut brace as a package?
Are front braces really that noticeable on the Clio's, or just an outlay for no real benefit?

Although I'm happy to buy one if it genuinely warrants it, im just not bothered about buying one just so it looks good under the bonnet.

Cheers :)

I think you'll find it's tied into the fixing bolts for the top mounts, so secures the top mount and struts in their correct location and not just a couple of self tappers across the strut top body.

Regards Russ.....

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Russ, I know what a strut brace is and how it works, and the top mounts bolt in to the turrets the same way wether they utilize a brace or not, so you cant justify the brace's need to be there to hold the top mounts in place.
But do the clio's flex that much without one to warrant the addition?

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Made a big difference to mine, got the brace too!

As the brace is part of the kit and bolts directly to the solid mounts it is the only effective brace around!

Russ, I know what a strut brace is and how it works, and the top mounts bolt in to the turrets the same way wether they utilize a brace or not, so you cant justify the brace's need to be there to hold the top mounts in place.
But do the clio's flex that much without one to warrant the addition?

Sorry if that came across the wrong way it wasn't meant to,:eek: I'd love to fit these but regs say OE only for road going cars, for road/track car possibly the mounts would be enough, I'd say the strut brace would be for rally cars to help when they land over yumps etc, if you lift your bonnet and look at how the OE mounts move around it doesn't instill confidence, when you look at the turrets they look quite strong tbh.

Regards Russ.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I have the strut brace, have tried with and without it in back to back tests on the road and can feel no difference, which doesnt really surprise me given how well supported the strut tops on a clio 172 shell are anyway, as unless your putting so much strain on the struts that they actually move the strut tops in the shell, then there is no benefit to be had.
I guess on track with mega sticky tyres etc, it might just about be noticeable, but if you are expecting the strut brace to do anything you will feel in normal driving you will be dissapointed.

The best thing about the brace IMHO is that if you fit solid top mounts then over time the shell is likely to fatigue and get worse, but at least with the brace it wont do so and will stay the same, thats why I fitted one.

Clio 182 Cup
Another quick question, I ordered the top mounts with strut brace kit and just wondering if the strut brace will fit with my engine cover on?

Lionel Richie
'^who cares? (but yes) Chip for once i disagree with you, the Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace kit (combined) is f**king awesome, you can feel a huge difference! bloody brilliant gear, Nick is ex Prodrive engineer, he knows his shizzile!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'll put the order in for both.
Just hoping the AST's come back soon :)

Fred, mildly off topic, im led to believe that you can supply the extra low bucket seat subframes, would this be true!?

Russ, no problem buddy, I get what you mean ;)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Oooh, that bad?
I may just stick with the OMP items if they are that bad, or is it just a little fettling required to manipulate them in to place?

Lionel Richie
keep to OMP if you're 5ft2 and can't see over the steering wheel they're SO high!, nothing major with the cobra low ones, just not what you would expect for £60 each (approx)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm sure its the cobra extra low frames djw Dave has and if so then yes, they fit like they are homemade by someone not very good at fabricating!