ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Have the above setup with Koni adjustable shocks and eibach springs. Getting annoyed with all the banging and crashing when on bumpy roads it's making me cringe more and more!

Debating getting rid of one or the other or finding something that will be better with the top mounts. I like the setup for handling a lot but fed up with the noise. Other than going back to rubber standard top mounts can anyone recommend an awesome track/road suspension setup that doesn't smash your eyeballs out of ya face over rough surfaces?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Do you get clonking noises when turning into a driveway for example? or over speed bumps?

I have the same setup and I get clunk and twong noises all over the place.

R14 CUP
Mines not too bad, get hardly any knocking or clunks from it.

Only thing I suffer with is a slight vibration under acceleration, apart from that its fine.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Do you get clonking noises when turning into a driveway for example? or over speed bumps?

I have the same setup and I get clunk and twong noises all over the place.

Yeah mate, it's the top mounts. At first I liked them but as time goes on and roads get worse it's annoying. Think my only option is to go back to standard mounts or make up a rubber disc between the mount and the turrets!! ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like.something is loose to me.

Had my PMS kit for a year now and has never knocked or made a banging noise once.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Sounds like.something is loose to me.

Had my PMS kit for a year now and has never knocked or made a banging noise once.

This makes sense to me as when you look at the top mount...There is simply nothing that can Knock. Its solid!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Make sure the main mount body is tightly bolted to the strut top. Then, the most common one, make sure the damper bolt is properly tight

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The top mounts cannot create a noise though (unless part of the assembled mounting unit is free to move) due to them being "solid" - are you sure it's not worn dampers or other part on the suspension/steering causing the noise?

Did you buy them new?
How old are they?

Mick

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
All brand new, it's transfer of road noise through the vehicle structure because they are solid. Not any faults with any parts. Think I'll leave them on until after my ring trip then sell if it keeps bugging me!