ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport Racing Precision Gear Linkage Kit

Is this too hardcore for road use? My 182 Trophy has a little slack in the gear shift and looking for solutions. The car is used for 90% road use with the odd trackday thrown in. Would this kit be a bad idea for a road car?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I imagine responses will depend on what your 90% road use consists of.

Is that a commute of 100 motorway miles each day, or 5,000 miles a year mainly blasting along A and B roads?

172 Turbo
I've got one fitted, the wife uses the car for her short commute and once it's installed you forget quite quickly that it is a modification. The only clue to the outside world is the clunk as you change to reverse.

However, on the motorway I want to kill it due to the rattles!

11760157_10154265466058868_1858472795026319790_n.jpg

Last edited:
Approx 10k miles a year, just me driving. My commute is 20 miles, 80-90% motorway and some local roads at the end. Evening and weekend blasts, and the odd track day. Long journeys with wife and kids unlikely as we have another car for those duties.

I love mine, but it does rattle. Not that that bothers me.

Why does the lift up mechanism actually clunk when reversing? Never really thought about it.

Listerine & Poledo
I don't think anyone has found the cause for definite.
if it's a metal on metal rattle, there can only be so many places, surely?

That said I've been chasing a rattle on Listerine for over a year now, so fair enough, it's not always cut-and-dry

Ph2 172
There's a thread somewhere on here where people were talking of adding vibration dampers and all sorts lol. I just live with it, if you keep your hand on it, it doesn't rattle. I suspect it's the lift reverse spring.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I'm sure mine doesn't rattle! Well..I can't hear it over the sound of the exhaust :up:. Because racecar.

Seriously tho..when at motorway speed and low revs still can't hear a rattle.