ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport aircon delete

I'm looking to get my belts changed ( engines out
) I also want to remove the aircon.

If I buy the standard pure Motorsport kit (£150) do I also need to buy a aux kit along with the belts or is everything in the kit?

Also is the cup setup better than the pure Motorsport kit?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the PMS kit, very happy with it and everything required is there in the kit.

If you get the Cup setup you need the alternator to go with it, I went with the PMS kit to save finding a decent Cup alternator.

Lionel Richie
or just replace the lower idler, bin the ac pump and leave the alternator where it is, there's a guide in the guides section (but lists the wrong length belt) £75 done

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've got the PMS kit, very happy with it and everything required is there in the kit.

If you get the Cup setup you need the alternator to go with it, I went with the PMS kit to save finding a decent Cup alternator.

Also you need to either bend the PAS pipe, or get the cup one of those too, and you do NOT want to see the price of that from renault, lol.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Also you need to either bend the PAS pipe, or get the cup one of those too, and you do NOT want to see the price of that from renault, lol.

£200+ IIRC !

Iv got the PMS kit fitted to mine, easy to do only took about 3 hours in total. Very nice piece of kit for the money.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I personally think it is. If your not too mechanically minded its the best kit out there i think. You get everything you need and a guide. No need to work out whats needed or how to fit it (although there's enough info about it on here now)

As i said i done it within 3 hours in total. Probably helps im and engineer of sorts but at the end of the day all iv got is a spanner set and a socket set !