ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purchasing a 182, insight & tips needed please

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Looking to purchase a 182 tomorrow.

Can anyone highlight what’s to look out for on inspection and test drive please.

Any help would be much appreciated.

monaco 172
Crunchy gears, 3rd and 4th synchros, hopefully the owner will let you rev it up enough to see of you get any crunching, it will be more apparent at high revs.

Does it pull to the side?

History of belts done at a reputable garage?

Rust on the arches and sills?

Check for history on the belts, dephaser and water pump 5 years/60k miles I think. No lights on the dash obviously. Look for unibody and panel rust. 2nd to 3rd gear crunch need to be a high rpm to check. Check steering isn't vague and pulls straight. Tyres and brakes. Service book.

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Thanks for the advice.

Agreed a price today on a low mileage (46K) 182 FF with FSH, mainly been a weekend car for most of its life.

Happy days!

monaco 172
Were silver models much cheaper when new as there seems to be loads of them for sale cheap. I find it odd that anybody would actually order a silver one when you could have ordered RB lol

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Were silver models much cheaper when new as there seems to be loads of them for sale cheap. I find it odd that anybody would actually order a silver one when you could have ordered RB lol
I've always wondered this, were the numbers of some colours predetermined, sort of limited?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The RB etc were I guess allways limited colours other wise they wouldn't be 'special'

Silver and black are allways a default colour.

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
If the car feels and sounds good and is rust free buy it but the belts being renewed will save all the money

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Purchased the car. VG condition, 47k miles, FSH, all belts done etc on 40k. Drove it home from York and no issue whatsoever.
The only think I noticed was when I fully depressed the accelerator it appeared to stick at the bottom of travel but moved a little more when more pressure was used.
Apart from that everything appeared ok and fully working.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Purchased the car. VG condition, 47k miles, FSH, all belts done etc on 40k. Drove it home from York and no issue whatsoever.
The only think I noticed was when I fully depressed the accelerator it appeared to stick at the bottom of travel but moved a little more when more pressure was used.
Apart from that everything appeared ok and fully working.

That's normal.

It's the override for the cruise control.