ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling to the right under braking

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Having just replaced the balljoints wishbones and arb droplinks on the mrs' non sport there is a slight pulling to the right when I brake.

New tyre on the RH side too.

Taken out the caliper sliders and regreased.

What next?

Knackered caliper?
Bleed the brakes?

The pulling is definitely only when I brake so I don't think it's a suspension/tracking issue...

IMO, you should replace tyres by the axel. The added grip/surface on the new tyre could be causing it to pull under braking.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Matching tyres now on the front and it still pulls! It doesn't feel like it's turning the wheel just biting more on one side :S

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
The brakes look about the same-ish, not sure what else to try maybe a caliper is binding on the LHS

Clio 182
have you had the tracking checked because that may well be your cause, even tho it dont pull when driving the extra force under braking could show up the tracking porblem, kiwkfit will do you a check for free, if it fine then you have ruled that out

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Yep had the tracking done.

Anyone think this could be to do with worn track rods/ends? I have a click when rocking the steering on full lock.

Have you checked that the pistons not jammed? this happend on my 172 after cleaning the sliders no difference, only when i came to push the piston back, it wouldnt even move off the car in a vice.

Have you checked that the pistons not jammed? this happend on my 172 after cleaning the sliders no difference, only when i came to push the piston back, it wouldnt even move off the car in a vice.

+1 I just bought a new caliper as my old one was seized.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't checked the pistons that's a good shout.

I just found play at 9 and 3 o clock in both wheels so I reckon the tie rods are fubared.

Also in the new non genuine wishbones I fitted I noticed they will move around on full lock a fair bit and this doesn't seem normal?!

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced tie rod ends and tightened the steering up nicely because the old ones were shot but I'm pretty certain the wishbones are squirming around under load and causing this pull. The bushes in there are awful so need to replace.

Replaced tie rod ends and tightened the steering up nicely because the old ones were shot but I'm pretty certain the wishbones are squirming around under load and causing this pull. The bushes in there are awful so need to replace.

Ive found that ball joints dont tend to last a long time and when on their way out they make the car all funny. They are cheap though.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Ive found that ball joints dont tend to last a long time and when on their way out they make the car all funny. They are cheap though.

The wishbones and balljoints are less than 3 months old. I've seen the wishbone bushes moving way more than they should be in the mounts with someone in the car steering. Money back from the factors I think.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
I decided to strip down the lower mounts and re-tighten last weekend. I got them air-gunned right up and this has cured it. Felt like a bit of a t1t but it seems I hadn't tightened them up enough first time round and this was allowing movement under load.

CURE: TIGHTEN YOUR NUTS UP PROPERLY!