ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulley / Roller

Alibi Blue Clio 197
On the very bottom front of the air con pump (on a 172 Phase Two) there is a small roller / pulley which the auxiliary belt runs along the back of. Well its making a god awful screeching and it looks like the inner circular cover plate has come off which I guess will expose the innards. Can you buy the roller separately and is it difficult to replace?? Daren't drive it incase the roller gives up and throws the belt and god knows what occurs!! :(

Clio 182
Mine did the same..... It will soon seize and start burning the belt!!

Get a new or good used Air Con pump... You can pick them up for around £50. Its not an easy job to change and you will need to get it re gassed etc. I would also suggest changing the tensioner and pulleys at the same time.

Lionel Richie
the idler is about £25 on its own, the full aux kit with belt, tensioner AND idler is £72, 2 hour job (for a pro)

Alibi Blue Clio 197
The annoying thing is I have literally just had the tensioner / idler and belt done in January. I'm assuming from your comments that this roller should have been changed at the time?????

Alibi Blue Clio 197
i know I know, not the correct way but I was blissfully ignorant this time last year!! Cambelt done last year in June. Aux belt and tensioner and pulley done this January.

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Thats what I thought Fred. Would you advise a new aux belt seeing as the tension will be taken off and then re-applied??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just throwing this out there... I bet it never had a full kit... very doubtfull anyway thay a new, genuine idler bearing unit has failed in that time as they normally go for 2-3years in a wet area without any issues.

Proberbly just had a new belt or a belt and INA tensioner unit.

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Mick I don't doubt you may be right. But it will be having one next week I can assure you of that. I did think that you know, its had a new tensioner for deffinate, as different colour and the belt has been changed. But I guess with a new belt and tensioner, any weakness in the old roller may have surfaced?

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Totally cream crakered roller, sounds awfull, being replaced tomorrow.

Knackered.jpg

Alibi Blue Clio 197
The complete (??) job was done on 25th Jan this year. Dropped car off this morning ( 1/4 mile away) and he is going to sort out without cost ( it was my way / non-negotiable) but he is adamant that the roller was changed and that it must have failed. Either way its going to be done. Fingers crossed...........